New football coach?

bent20

The Odum Level
Has there been any word on the Sycamores search for a new head coach? I would hope they're not going to wait long to start looking for someone.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
RP has been actively looking since dealing with the West situation back in September. It was reported in the Terre Haute Tribune-Star that he has traveled far and wide to speak to candidates and others who might offer input. Remember, since a lot of teams are still playing, he can't say much at this point.

Last I heard, he said he'd like to have a coach in place by mid-December. That's coming up quickly...

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

Amazing...........totally amazing. Still think we should go non-scholarship and play the Drake's, Butler's, etc. & commit our funds elsewhere in athletics.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Right on...maybe take those funds and build huge spa on the Quad, which would be a real recruiting bonanza! I can see it now, "The 'Haute...capital of American collegiate hedonism." The current Board wouldn't hesitate to approve this, would they?:krazy:

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Right on...maybe take those funds and build huge spa on the Quad, which would be a real recruiting bonanza! I can see it now, "The 'Haute...capital of American collegiate hedonism." The current Board wouldn't hesitate to approve this, would they?:krazy:
Wasn't that where we were in the 50's before they did away with the "Red Light District?" Is Madame Brown's gonna make a comeback??? :bigsmile:

bent20

The Odum Level
They have over 60 people interested? That's a lot of people when you consider the next coach is being asked to perform a minor miracle by making this team competitive. Note I said competitive. Heck, at this point I'll take a winless season where we at least score some touchdowns and hold the team to less than 30 points.