New Sam

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

sycamore51

The Varsity Level
I saw the new Sycamore Sam costume and I'm not a big fan. I like the old costume much better. The new one is very bushy and I'm not sure exactly what it is. It doesn't look like anything at all. What do the rest of you think about it?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I think You are all being too kind. That is the most hideous thing to roll out since AMC introduced the Pacer.

After the season, it's being sent back for a make over...the end result was not what was agreed to per art work submitted. No one in the Athletic office is satisfied with what was delivered Thursday at 2 p.m. (Not enough time to do anything about it before this weekend). That being said, the uniform structure itself allows the "man behind the mask" to be much more mobile, i.e. cartwheels, the worm, lots of head motion, etc. The previous suit restricted him from any of this stuff because he had to constantly hold the head on. He loves the suit and feels like he's been liberated to show us his real ability to hype up the crowd. It's amazing to think how much more animated this guy can be. Watch out! Don't worry about the "prototype", it'll be much better when all of the tweaks are finished and our "Sam" will be back...bigger and better.

Thanks for the update BlueHeart, that's good to hear. I'm glad they're getting something that will be better for the kid in it, I'm even more glad to hear that the suit is going to be changed. The kid does a good job and we all want him to have a good looking costume. I'm still a fan of the blow-up tree though!

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I was perfectly fine with the suit, the head was just a bit, oh, scary! A retrofit on the face is appropriate, as he did resemble something that was created in Chernoble, right after the nuclear accident! Maybe if we could get him to glow...

Fix the face, and the suit is fine! The young man in the suit is what makes Sam go! He's gotten better and better, and I hope he's around next year!!!! Maybe he could do a "Mascot Dunking Exhibition" with a little trampoline!!!

GO SAM!!!! :sycamores:

Sycamore Sam Dunk Show

NCA (National Cheerleading Association) rules state that there are to be no mini trampolines used on a basketball court. Any ideas for alternatives?

NCA (National Cheerleading Association) rules state that there are to be no mini trampolines used on a basketball court. Any ideas for alternatives?

What kind of stupid rule is that? :krazy:

And what happens if you don't follow the rule? Are they going to "de-frock" you? Is that rule for mascots, or just cheerleaders? Mascots, as we know at ISU, are a whole different ballgame than the cheerleaders! The mascot actually does something...:bigsmile:

Dunking Sam

What kind of stupid rule is that? :krazy:

And what happens if you don't follow the rule? Are they going to "de-frock" you? Is that rule for mascots, or just cheerleaders? Mascots, as we know at ISU, are a whole different ballgame than the cheerleaders! The mascot actually does something...:bigsmile:

Well, I don't believe they'll "de-frock" Sam, whatever that means, but Sycamore Sam would be removed from the cheerteam if that's what you mean. The rule is for cheerleaders, and Sycamore Sam is a huge part of the cheerteam. I also didn't realize that the cheerleaders don't do anything. They practice 3 times a week at 6 a.m. and on Sunday nights from 8-10 p.m. to perfect what they do. Yeah, you may not see the girls/guys out on the court as much as Sam, but that's because a mascot and a cheerleader have different rules and formalities they must follow. We'll find a way for Sam to dunk, I'm sure of it.:sycamores:

Back