[November 12, 2022] Indiana State (1-0) vs Ball State (1-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
i

Indiana State Sycamores (1-0) vs. Ball State Cardinals (1-0)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
Saturday, November 12th, 2022
Tip: 2pm

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Mike (head coach) is a good dude. Played AAU w him leading up to his time in Bloomington. All this to say this: up tempo and Hobbs/Neese from deep sounds like a good plan.

We really need our bigs back for this one. Any update on McKnight or Avila? Ball State has a really good big in Sparks.

I believe coach said they should get an update on Cade's status today. I would think Avila should be good to go by Saturday. He had the flu the past several days, but was just coming out of it yesterday.

That is what I was wondering, big men status?

They will both be back would be my guess. You have to imagine Mcknight will be limited due to just not being in game shape after being out for a few weeks now at least. But I'd imagine both are a go.

Not sure how many of you listen to the games via radio broadcast (like me), but our basketball and football games start at the same time. They said on the radio at the end of the UWGB game that 105.5 would be carrying the football game against WIU, and not the basketball game. Ball State should have the game audio online via radio broadcast since their football team doesn't play that day.

Not sure how many of you listen to the games via radio broadcast (like me), but our basketball and football games start at the same time. They said on the radio at the end of the UWGB game that 105.5 would be carrying the football game against WIU, and not the basketball game. Ball State should have the game audio online via radio broadcast since their football team doesn't play that day.

Makes sense as the football game is on the road and basketball is at home. They want locals to get their asses to Hulman Center. I'd make the same decision.

I remember the last time Michael Lewis visited the Hulman Center in 1996. Actually I don't know if it was the last time, but I do remember THN coming away with the victory over Jasper.

I remember the last time Michael Lewis visited the Hulman Center in 1996. Actually I don't know if it was the last time, but I do remember THN coming away with the victory over Jasper.
pretty sure he visited as an ass't coach with eiu and butler -- lost w/ eiu, won w/ buttler

and wasn't he on the court that night in gloomington, when those candy-striped... were dumped 63-60...?

You can still listen to the basketball game as a "radio broadcast" at the following link:

And yes, I know it says "video" in the link above, but it's actually audio only.

This is definitely a game we should win, but Ball State will create a few matchup issues for us that will be interesting to watch.

Sparks, as others have mentioned, is legit. Last year he was top-10 in the country in drawing fouls and free throw rate, so he bangs hard and attacks the rim. We certainly could use all hands on deck from our bigs to try and slow him down. We didn't have a player like Sparks on our roster last year, and I'm still not certain we do this year. We did pretty well on the boards against Green Bay, but Sparks will be a different kind of test.

Bumbalough also killed us from three last year, hitting 4-6 and scoring 14 points very efficiently. He's one of the best guards in the country at limiting turnovers, with only an 11.6 TORate last year. Just for frame of reference, Cam Henry's TORate last year was 22.7.

In general, though, Ball State is not expected to be very good this year. They lost some players and have some unknowns on their roster right now, but with Sparks and Bumbalough, especially based on how they played against us last year, they have a chance. My prediction: 79-70 Sycamores.

Back