[November 14, 2021] Indiana State (1-1) vs Hanover (1-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

You sure? There was a proposal earlier this summer to make basketball like football (football players can play up to four games and keep redshirt). You could play 6-8 games and still keep your redshirt. Not sure what came of it but I know it had support.

Yeah, that is what I remember hearing this Summer. Wondering if they tabled it because of all of the extra COVID eligibility.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Starting with the rose hulman exhibition I believe Xavier Bledson’s butt has at least 3 fouls. He deliberately sticks it out to screen the defender. Happened in the first half. Refs aren’t letting it slide…

Anyways, over/under 10.5 fouls by his butt over the season. I’m saying for sure we are at 3 now. I’m taking the over. Might also start counting (ass)ists that are not called. Sorry not sorry. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, that is what I remember hearing this Summer. Wondering if they tabled it because of all of the extra COVID eligibility.
Well, don’t ask me. That was all I could find in that stupid rule book. I did a “find” on redshirt and didn’t see anything addressing what we were discussing.

Is ISU considering this game vs. DIII Hanover (competing in HCAC with Rose-Hulman) an exhibition, or counting it as a W-L? If ISU is counting the game, this will mark a new low for the program.

ISU is already a DI team with DII talent and should be looking to improve its rep, not invite ridicule and downgrading by the KenPoms of college basketball.
Coach inherited exactly 1 contracted game when he took over. Unavoidable this year.

Unfortunately I don't think we do with losing Key. That is essentially 35-40 guard minutes eaten up a game you now have to distribute.

This is where them filling that last scholarship with a 1 year guard would have been nice.
That’s where I am. Key plays, Cam redshirts. If not then no.

Have to respectfully disagree with this.

First, I liked the unis with the powder grey and just to logo (still not crazy about the logo though that’s a separate conversation).

Second, and more important, the players like having multiple unis. These are the kinds of things that draw kids to your program. They like having home whites, greys, the old school powder blue throwbacks. Kids like the swag. It’s the kind of stuff that draws kids to the program. Not saying it will be the thing that makes kids verbal to State but it does have an impact.

Having 4-5 different unis a season is a good thing. The more the better.
Just a personal old man preference. If the kids like it who am I to complain. Grey just seems so plain.

Have to respectfully disagree with this.

First, I liked the unis with the powder grey and just to logo (still not crazy about the logo though that’s a separate conversation).

Second, and more important, the players like having multiple unis. These are the kinds of things that draw kids to your program. They like having home whites, greys, the old school powder blue throwbacks. Kids like the swag. It’s the kind of stuff that draws kids to the program. Not saying it will be the thing that makes kids verbal to State but it does have an impact.

Having 4-5 different unis a season is a good thing. The more the better.

not a big fan of 3-5 unis in general but today's model...

look like something from Semi-Pro or a Euro-league

Redshirt and illegals screens conversation aside…and considering the opponent, how quickly did the offense start during possessions. The last iteration had what felt like periods of prescriptive ball movements and false motion before they engaged.

I would say, off the top of my head, we usually had a shot up halfway through the shot clock at the latest. I did actually pay attention on a few possessions and on those, when we took a shot we had 15-18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Would someone mind keeping an eye on how this version of ISU handles out of bounds situations (i.e. set piece to score / just get it in / get it on with action after the ball goes live) ?

I’m sans video coverage her in the Fatherland. Any recounts are much appreciated.
Not every single out of bounds is a set piece, but here’s a nice example from a side out of bounds opportunity. Nothing extravagant, but still movement with a purpose.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1459963512038514690

Didn't get to watch, listen or follow the game yesterday. Looking at the box score, EVERYONE on the team scored. Wow. That's gotta be a first in the history of the school. Hey 4, you're a Deep Dive guy and always finding stuff out, has this ever occurred b4 at ISU? Heck, I've never heard of this happening with any college team.

Hanover is a stupid game. Half of the high schools in the Indianapolis metro could probably beat Hanover College. ISU is not D1 with D2 talent though. We're generally mid pack in what is usually a top third D1 conference.

FIFY 😆
Hanover is maybe the best D3 team in Indiana. They went to Wabash last week and beat a good Little Giant team. I know the LGs are D 3 too, but few Indiana D3s will win at Chadwick Court. It’s not a bad game and even if it is considered a scrimmage, it’s good timing after Purdue and before the schedule ramps up. Go Big Blue!

Redshirt and illegals screens conversation aside…and considering the opponent, how quickly did the offense start during possessions. The last iteration had what felt like periods of prescriptive ball movements and false motion before they engaged.
I know how much of a fan you are of prescriptive ball movement and false motion. Guess you'll have to suffer through some earlier offense. ;)

Back