[November 17, 2018] Indiana State (6-4) at Western Illinois (5-5)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I think we are in because of our "at story"winless to 7-4 w/ basically the same roster from last year. Congrats to this coaching staff!!!

McCoy didn't play in the 2nd half I don't believe. I hope that wasn't a serious injury.

On another note, there was a rumor that Key's hip may be good enough for him to play if we made the playoffs. That would be an interesting dilemma.

Sycamores Eye Playoffs after Defeating Western for Fifth-Straight

image_handler.aspx

MACOMB, Ill. -- Just two teams in the Missouri Valley Football Conference have won five-straight games -- No. 24 Indiana State and No. 1 North Dakota State. Junior kicker Jerry Nunez made sure of that after hitting a 26-yard field goal as time expired against Western Illinois in a sleet and rained filled afternoon at Hanson Field.

More...

Very, very happy for Mallory, the staff and the players! It’s probably been since the basketball run in 2011 since we’ve seen a team string together wins like this. Fingers crossed that we can grab a playoff spot!

I think we're going to get an at large and then play SEMO as we kinda predicted last week when we were throwing around names. They like to keep first round games as regional as possible and that is a pretty close match up.

Im going through soaking up the glory of this win/thread. I can feel my fingers now so I can type.

Here is a strategy question for anyone interesting in pondering.

When you get the 15 yarder on the kickoff and it's now at the 50, why not try an onside kick? Kicking it out of bounds takes it to the 35 and on onside must go at least 10, so you're talking a max 5 yard difference.

I would totally support this....every time....even if you put the obvious onside team on.

Refs just bailed us out on the TD.

It looked pretty clear in person....i was angry and missed it by my buddy with me said it was obvious. we had a good angle at it.

Think about it, our Punter is from CA, I bet he has never played in the snow........Big Tuna...aka Dumb Tuna he cost us a hold and un sportman like

I think the UNS was announced on 77. dont hold me to that.

Nunez FG is good and Sycamores move back in front.

12-10 Sycamores. Way to answer that big time run.

8:53 left in the 3rd.

I would totally support this....every time....even if you put the obvious onside team on.

It looked pretty clear in person....i was angry and missed it by my buddy with me said it was obvious. we had a good angle at it.

Yeah, I think it makes a lot of sense unless you have a kicker with amazing touch. We just boot it out of the back of the end zone so why not at least give yourself a coin flip at getting the ball right back.

As for the OPI, good deal. The camera dudes didn't follow pass plays (or good run fakes) quickly and I didn't see it live or on the replay.

Niklz62 -- can you explain that call? If it was a block in the back before the throw, how did they still get the credit for the throw?

That block in the back I thought was going to be a blind side block. it felt like one of those where they would end up on the track.

Boyle goes deep down the sideline and it is picked.

I felt like he forced this a little. if he airs it out a little more it wouldnt have been a jump ball.....i think

The turnover belt... wow.

Look when Miami started that trend with the turnover chain it was dumb - but it was Miami for goodness sakes. I expect it.

Just stupid

Keep the foot on the gas!! They’re on their heels for the first time this half.
I really thought we could have put our foot on their throats at this point after that facemask

That woulda been a good time for a screen.

agreed
Probably still be running.

Agreed, except we had too many jail breaks on pass pros today

Why not get the football to the middle hash?? No??

I didnt like the idea of running any unnecessary plays. too many chances of a fumble and i feel like that has would have been the most straight into the wind

That WIU defensive line are some monsters. Enjoyed watching them work.
So satisfying to close one out on the road.

Agreed, that DE was a beast. This is the first time I can remember that we won a game to cap off our season
Anybody know if Niklz is ok? He may have stroked out at the end there :dead:
I’m alive. Holy shit
that extra timeout, plus going into the wind, plus knowing their kicker had missed down there and the other was about 4 inches over the crossbar had me about to lose it

so if you are keeping track at home our games came down to the last drive at:
SDSU
MSU
SIU
USD
ILSt
WIU

back to that UNS and an onside. Im not sure what our average field position after a kickoff is but an onside from the 50 would be somewhere around the 40. its guaranteed to only be on the 25 if you kick it to the track. Even the pop up to the goal line isnt helpful because a fair catch goes to the 25 too

announced attendance was 1,813. there wernt 1,000 people on the property unless both sides of the protest also counted. Id even guess less than 500

And my last post until after i watch some TV. As some of you may have noticed, Im a bit superstitious. I wasn't posting because I had glove/mittens on and was trying to hold hand warmers in them. before the last drive I posted something and took my gloves off, remembering that last week, i took my gloves off and just held the warmers. Well we started moving the ball right then. My buddy asked if I wanted to go over to where they would be walking off the field, and i said "Rich, there is no possible way I could psychologically moving from the spot we were in" He says "Oh, superstitious?" I said "a little"

Congratulations guys! I was following on the espn app and was a nervous wreck waiting to find out if Nunez made the FG. Great day to be a Sycamore !

Back