[November 17, 2022] Indiana State (2-0) vs North Dakota State (0-3)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
i

Indiana State Sycamores (2-0) vs. North Dakota State Bison (0-3)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
Thursday, November 17th, 2022
Tip: 7pm

Last edited:

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
KenPom doesn’t love NDSU, but I watched them play Arkansas and they definitely have some talent. Arkansas out-athleted them, but NDSU gave them a game for a while. I didn’t see their game with Kansas, but the score was about as one-sided as it could be.

Grant Nelson is another really skilled big that could give us some trouble. We’ll need our guards to help on D just like they did against Sparks from Ball State.

Prediction: 76-68 Sycamores

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Lots of motion and inside-out play for NDSU. They've had at least 3 guys over 6'7" at the 3/4/5 most of the game so far.

That said, Pacific has more athleticism and it's overwhelmed them. They're also hitting the majority of their shots.

39-24 Pacific so far.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
NDSU loses 91-86.

Almost all of the scoring for NDSU comes from our through their bigs. They continued to run 6'7" / 6'10" and 6'11" almost all game in Nelson, Morgan and Haesomthing. This game is going to be a drastic clash of styles.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
NDSU loses 91-86.

Almost all of the scoring for NDSU comes from our through their bigs. They continued to run 6'7" / 6'10" and 6'11" almost all game in Nelson, Morgan and Haesomthing. This game is going to be a drastic clash of styles.
I sure hope we can win this game after blowing that big lead we had up there last year, we also need to beat them after all the beatdowns their football team has given ISU

krwilson2

The Starter Level
McKnight getting some run after being sick and hurt is a good sign. This game has the makings of ebbs and flows in terms of how the clock moves. FT shooting might be an important deal if their big guys challenge the backdoor layups and drives.

4Q_iu

The Kleuh Level
Supporter
I sure hope we can win this game after blowing that big lead we had up there last year, we also need to beat them after all the beatdowns their football team has given ISU

Agree - run up the score - send them back to the frozen tundra SAFE in the knowledge that there's no place in the Valley for a dakota school

FanSinceArenaDays

The Sycamore Level
3-0 would sure look good headed to the Gulf Coast Showcase next week! From what I have heard & seen so far Coach has assembled a multi-talented team with lots of really good parts to come off the bench as needed. I'm hoping that depth will allow us to offset a "SIU good one/bad one" scenario happening anywhere along the way this season. For the first time in a long time any player or players that do not show up on a given night (and for whatever the reason it does happen when least expected) can be replaced on the floor with another strong player waiting for his opportunity on the bench.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter
To say Larry, Kent and Bledson are bench players is an understatement. I am extremely, and I mean extremely, pleased and excited that Henry and McCauley have blended into the offense and haven't tried to force anything. We seem to have a good combination of players molding into a team.
Notice how when Larry drives someone is always cutting to an open spot for the pass?

Last edited:

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Trees 69 NDSU 71… I wouldn’t touch the spread - maybe the moneyline for the Sycamores. But an early season punch in the gut seems logical here based on history. Also think NDSU is better than their record and that spread - seems like a big trap.

BlueBleeder

The Captain Level
Supporter
This should be a tight game. They got the advantage in post play, but we have the advantage in guard play. Perhaps our 2 bigs will get some good run tonight and help neutralize NDSU's size advantage.

pbutler218

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
Run 'em. Our guards should be able to drive on these guys. Don't get into a half court game with them and we'll be fine.