[November 18, 2021] Indiana State (2-1) vs Old Dominion (2-1)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
i

Indiana State Sycamores (2-1) vs. Old Dominion Monarchs (2-1)

The HTC Center - Conway, SC
Thursday, November 18th, 2021
9:00pm EST Tip

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
On the season, ODU won a non-D1 game 80-60 and lost to James Madison 58-53.

ODU plays tomorrow against Manhattan at 7pm.

Would be great to win this game and go against Moser and Oklahoma on the winners side.

ODU should be a pretty good match up based off preseason rankings.

I’ll be there! Rounding up the boys for a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with some sycamore hoops included. I’m playing 36 holes on Thursday and heading to the game, which means I’ll be in rare, rare form.

I bought all of my friends sycamore shirts for the games, so they’ll be some rowdy fans in the stand representing ISU for this tournament.

I’ll be there! Rounding up the boys for a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with some sycamore hoops included. I’m playing 36 holes on Thursday and heading to the game, which means I’ll be in rare, rare form.

I bought all of my friends sycamore shirts for the games, so they’ll be some rowdy fans in the stand representing ISU for this tournament.

If you don't get banned from an arena, did you really even go?

Manhattan vs Old Dominion - 7 p.m. Monday - ESPN+
I watched about 3/4 of this game and came away pretty impressed with Old Dominion. They’re a pretty athletic team with a lot of interchangeable 6’5”-6’7” wing players and a decent big in Kalu Ezikpe.

They seem pretty scrappy on defense and seem to do a decent job getting to the paint. Manhattan ran a lot of zone and I thought ODU did a nice job of working it to the soft middle of the 2-3 and not settling for threes. Even though ODU shot 50% from three, they only attempted 10 in total, so they don’t strike me as a prolific outside shooting team. I think they grind out possessions and value working the ball inside.

All in all, I think we matchup decently with them and I expect this to be a pretty tight matchup. For those looking for more info, check out the link below. They were predicted to finish right in the middle of the C-USA.

My channel guide now shows 3 of the 4 games tomorrow from Myrtle Beach on ESPNU. Anyone want to guess which games isn’t listed as being shown live?

If we win, consider it a huge upset as we are only being given a 17.6% chance of winning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-095539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-095539_Chrome.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, sports books have us a 5-6 point dogs.

The easy money, to me, appears to be the O/U at 133-134. I can't see a 70-65 type of game personally.

Yeah, sports books have us a 5-6 point dogs.

The easy money, to me, appears to be the O/U at 133-134. I can't see a 70-65 type of game personally.
I am with you on this one, Jason. We are still really early in this new system and I think our defense still needs to improve drastically to help balance when the outside shots arent falling. But i have lots of confidence in our ability to score points, or atleast for our offense to run successfully. The only reason we scored so low against purdue was the inabilty to score over a giant. The offense got us good looks near the basket, but Edey and Williams helped erase many of those good looks. So long story short.....go big on the over!!

Back