[November 2, 2019] Indiana State (3-5) vs Southern Illinois (4-4)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
You realize heÂ’s from NDSU right? They land P5/FBS level kids all the time.

Really? a poster with 'bison' in their handle is from NDSU... shocking

this season, the buffaloes have 17 kids from no. dakota on the roster, what about the other 46? https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster

kids will go to the BEST opportunity, especially if they will "only play" one position

jim jenson spent a decade or so in the nfl simply because he was willing to play where don shula asked him

jay cutler "lost" his QB scholie to illinois yet "kept" their DB offer, Vanderbilt guaranteed him QB -- who won in that equation?

donovan mcnabb went to syracuse because only they (and Nebraska) "guaranteed" him QB, he didn't believe he'd become a pocket passer at Neb (shocking) -- who won in that equation?

Last edited:
Really? a poster with 'bison' in their handle is from NDSU... shocking

this season, the buffaloes have 17 kids from no. dakota on the roster, what about the other 46? https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster

kids will go to the BEST opportunity, especially if they will "only play" one position

jim jenson spent a decade or so in the nfl simply because he was willing to play where don shula asked him

jay cutler "lost" his QB scholie to illinois yet "kept" their DB offer, Vanderbilt guaranteed him QB -- who won in that equation?

donovan mcnabb went to syracuse because only they (and Nebraska) "guaranteed" him QB, he didn't believe he'd become a pocket passer at Neb (shocking) -- who won in that equation?

Something tells me, over the last 5-10 years, there are more NDSU players that also had FBS offers than TJ could count. I'm not sure why you find that so shocking that you would ask him to name them all. To your point, playing at NDSU may be a better opportunity than the risk of being on an FBS bench their entire career, which could be cut short as scholies are renewed yearly--so there's a higher risk of being cut. Knowing you're probably going to get PT as a freshman or sophomore at NDSU may be more attractive than riding the pine at Rutgers.

Something tells me, over the last 5-10 years, there are more NDSU players that also had FBS offers than TJ could count. I'm not sure why you find that so shocking that you would ask him to name them all. To your point, playing at NDSU may be a better opportunity than the risk of being on an FBS bench their entire career, which could be cut short as scholies are renewed yearly--so there's a higher risk of being cut. Knowing you're probably going to get PT as a freshman or sophomore at NDSU may be more attractive than riding the pine at Rutgers.

Something tells me TJBuffaloe didn't want to name them; the est. 2018 U.S. Census count for north dakota is ~760,000.
clearly not a populated state as today, they only have 17 no. dakota kids on scholarship...

most of fcs is populated by players who were overlooked, shunned, not recruited heavily by power 5 schools.
the same is true of the non-power 5 FBS leagues.

fwiw -- rutgers has 6 kids on the roster from west of pennsylvania and half of those 6 are tranfers

Last edited:
57 of NDSU's players are from either one of the Dakotas or Minnesota. If Minnesota was actually good on a consistent basis it might hurt NDSU's recruiting eventually. From what I have heard most would rather win at NDSU than lose at Minnesota.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
57 of NDSU's players are from either one of the Dakotas or Minnesota. If Minnesota was actually good on a consistent basis it might hurt NDSU's recruiting eventually. From what I have heard most would rather win at NDSU than lose at Minnesota.

did you get those ## from their website? do they truly have 45+ walk-ons? Seems slightly implausible

Back