[November 21, 2022] Indiana State (3-0) vs East Carolina (3-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
great win today! Glad to see we held on facing trouble late in the game, we'd have never done that before Schertz arrived, such a nice change in the program, now les go out and beat UMKC tomorrow, don't want to follow up a good win with a bad loss, oh, and no technical fouls tomorrow, sheesh!

Scott you likely still have me blocked on here which is for the better - but this goes for anyone else. Can you please stop slobbering over JS after every game and referencing the previous HC. It’s such an unoriginal observation at this point and it really doesn’t need to continue to be made. Like we all here understand… but the constant shots at the previous coaching staff while weirdly trying to applaud the current staff is lame. It’s time to move on and find joy in our for success for the right reasons buddy.

Last edited:

krwilson2

The Starter Level
The few highlights the came across the pond were impressive in terms of ball sharing and shooting. Good to see the FT shooting numbers (20 makes is impressive) traveled! The 3s didn't fall an awesome clip, but seemed like a very diverse attack.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
The few highlights the came across the pond were impressive in terms of ball sharing and shooting. Good to see the FT shooting numbers (20 makes is impressive) traveled! The 3s didn't fall an awesome clip, but seemed like a very diverse attack.

True but a bit inflated when two of your best free throw shooters Voss and Bledson accounted for most of that effort going a combined 14-17.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter
Scott you likely still have me blocked on here which is for the better - but this goes for anyone else. Can you please stop slobbering over JS after every game and referencing the previous HC. It’s such an unoriginal observation at this point and it really doesn’t need to continue to be made. Like we all here understand… but the constant shots at the previous coaching staff while weirdly trying to applaud the current staff is lame. It’s time to move on and find joy in our for success for the right reasons buddy.
I agree. Schertz has not won a conference tournament yet or beat Miami or IU. Having 6 SRs by using transfers is a luxury coaches in the past did not have.

krwilson2

The Starter Level
If the 14-17 is distributed over other players, does that impede the pace of the game / opponent game plan? Perhaps. Is the, "inflation," a bad deal? Bledson with that many attempts is very encouraging.

4Q_iu

The Kleuh Level
Supporter
Having 6 SRs by using transfers is a luxury coaches in the past did not have.

Ideally, the multitude of yammering "experts" will start beating the drum of playing in today's era of "The Portal" vs. the past

esp. at the blue-chip level, where recruitment is more selection than actually recruiting a kid to sign a scholie

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
If the 14-17 is distributed over other players, does that impede the pace of the game / opponent game plan? Perhaps. Is the, "inflation," a bad deal? Bledson with that many attempts is very encouraging.

I guess. I was just pointing out that the FT% was probably a bit inflated because 2 our best shot the majority of the attempts.

The “inflation” is neither a good deal or bad deal - it’s not a deal at all… Bledson is a pretty physical player that isn’t going to shy away from contact. In fact, I’d say it’s not a coincidence that 2 of our most physical players as well shot the most free throws in a game where 64 were shot all together. But it doesn’t materialize if you don’t get the calls in the first place - obviously.

But generally speaking if Voss, Bledson, Neese or Larry is at the line it will probably be to our benefit. I guess I’m not really concerned about this teams free throw shooting in the first place. Defense - in the first half and down the stretch it was dreadfully. For the opening 10 mins of the 2nd half thought it was pretty solid. Rebounding has been a concern in 2 of our 4 wins. Good news is - we’re showing that we can win when things don’t go our way or when they drastically don’t go our way.

Last edited:

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Bledson interview is great... Never not been a fan of the way that kid competes. If you had 5 with his mindset you'd probably be pretty tough to beat. We've had so many players of the year with SO MUCH more talent than Bledson - but they can't match his scrap.