[December 8, 2020] Indiana State (0-0) vs Truman State (0-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
282.gif
vs.
282.gif

Indiana State Sycamores (0-0) vs. Truman State Bulldogs (0-0)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
5pm EST Tip

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
We know it's going to be Akron, Delaware, East Carolina, Fordham, Middle Tennessee, Vermont or Omaha. Who would you like to run with first?

Fordham & Omaha will pose the least challenge; be nice to open this wacky year with a couple of wins

Hopefully we play Vermont first. We seem to always play well our first game and they are the team that scares me the most in this tournament.

I’m not convinced Gulf Coast Showcase has their shit together enough to still put on this tourney. With that said, I hope we play Fordham first and Vermont in the championship game.

I’m not convinced Gulf Coast Showcase has their shit together enough to still put on this tourney. With that said, I hope we play Fordham first and Vermont in the championship game.

Im curious why you question if they have their shit together because I was thinking the same thing. If you go to their website they have no teams listed and little to no information about the tournament in general. I was considering attending but you can’t even hardly find the address of the arena. Just really strangely disorganized.

Im curious why you question if they have their shit together because I was thinking the same thing. If you go to their website they have no teams listed and little to no information about the tournament in general. I was considering attending but you can’t even hardly find the address of the arena. Just really strangely disorganized.

The organizers of the GCS also runs multiple other MTEs. My guess is the pandemic has thrown them for a loop.

I want to play the best teams possible in this tournament. If we’re expected to be any good, it shouldn’t matter who we play. Also, NET ranking is extremely important in our conference and playing the best teams in our OOC schedule is more important than picking up a win against Omaha. Our cancelled games against Dayton and Purdue mean we need to pick up the NET slack somewhere.

Vermont and Delaware are the two best teams in the tournament other than ISU, so I hope we get a chance to play them. In whatever order necessary.

If you go to their website they have no teams listed and little to no information about the tournament in general.

This is exactly why...no teams listed, and they still have the original dates starting with Nov 23rd.

And yes, Jason is right about the multiple tournaments, but at the very least they could update their site with the 2020 teams.

I want to play the best teams possible in this tournament. If we’re expected to be any good, it shouldn’t matter who we play. Also, NET ranking is extremely important in our conference and playing the best teams in our OOC schedule is more important than picking up a win against Omaha. Our cancelled games against Dayton and Purdue mean we need to pick up the NET slack somewhere.

Vermont and Delaware are the two best teams in the tournament other than ISU, so I hope we get a chance to play them. In whatever order necessary.
I'm always leery of any Groce-led team as I think he is a fantastic coach. He's also been loading up his roster the last couple years so I do hope we get to play them.

I wouldn't count on this tournament happening to he honest.
I think they'll find a way to make it happen. Smaller schools are playing hell scheduling games to make up for the lost month so I'm sure they have several teams interested and power schools are making arrangements with other power schools and shutting mids out.

image_handler.aspx

ESTERO, Fla. - Indiana State basketball can now put an opponent with a date as the Gulf Coast Showcase tournament field has officially been announced. The Sycamores will faceoff with East Carolina to open the 2020-21 season November 25 in Estero, Florida. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. ET from the #BeachBubble inside Hertz Arena.

More...

Back