[November 27, 2022] Indiana State (5-1) vs Trinity Christian (3-2)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
trolls_200x200_new.png

Indiana State Sycamores (5-1) vs. Trinity Christian Trolls (3-2)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
Sunday, November 27th, 2022
Tip: 2:00pm

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Good Heavens! Wish we could play Butler this year! Need another decent opponent before we face Drake

Disagree. There is a 2 day turnaround before Drake. I'd prefer to have the glorified practice where it's still live bullets but we can fine tune things in a game environment. Now, would prefer like RPI 360 or something over this squad, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

PD INDY ALUM

The White Level
Ok Boda, I get it, but why in gods name are we even playing these guys? They are an NAIA team that has been trounced by other lesser known NAIA teams. Wish we could have scheduled IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, or somebody other than this. Bad enough playing division II teams on the schedule. Do we even count this in our Wins and Losses records?

swsycamore

The Varsity Level
Ok Boda, I get it, but why in gods name are we even playing these guys? They are an NAIA team that has been trounced by other lesser known NAIA teams. Wish we could have scheduled IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, or somebody other than this. Bad enough playing division II teams on the schedule. Do we even count this in our Wins and Losses records?
ask Clink

Sycamorefan96

The Newsom Level
I'm just glad someone else is complaining about playing these types of games, other than me, this year. For what it's worth, it looks like Valpo is also playing this team on Dec 6th.

I'll say it for the twentieth time, the MVC needs to just go ahead and play a full 22 game round robin slate in the future. ISU, UIC, and VU all depending on an NAIA school from Chicago to fill out their schedule is the proof.

bluestreak

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
Like Huff said - this was a late addition because a power 5 deal fell through. Probably a scramble to fill this date. It was probably these guys or an open date and we need a game before Drake.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator

Yes, the wins count in the record books. This game in particular has already been explained, but in general, D1 teams schedule non-D1 games as a protect the turf mechanism. I'd say there is also some fear in there if we're being truthful and then there is also some cost savings in there. No longer will these teams just come and play -- you've got to pay them at when you get to a certain level unless you can schedule a home/home series.

That link above is an old article, but talks about D1 buy games from the 2019-2020 season. Scrolling down to the chart, you can see how the pecking order works. So while I'd prefer to bring in lower level teams, odds are they want 2-3x (or more) to come to Hulman so we settle for the non-D1s that usually will come for like $10k/pop.

If we had a fanbase that sold out the Hulman Center, we probably could then afford to put more money into buying teams at home. I know people hate the harping on this, but it really always does revert back to money.

PD INDY ALUM

The White Level
Trib-Star story just put out on Twitter says tip off is at 1PM for Trinity Christian game. My ticket says 2PM and this thread says 2pm, and the NCAAB app on my phone that lists Every Div One game says 2pm. Trib -Star has to be wrong! Unless there has been a change. My group leaves a few hours early from Carmel so we can get over for lunch and a beer before gametime. Can anyone confirm that the newspaper article is incorrect??

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Trib-Star story just put out on Twitter says tip off is at 1PM for Trinity Christian game. My ticket says 2PM and this thread says 2pm, and the NCAAB app on my phone that lists Every Div One game says 2pm. Trib -Star has to be wrong! Unless there has been a change. My group leaves a few hours early from Carmel so we can get over for lunch and a beer before gametime. Can anyone confirm that the newspaper article is incorrect??

Only schedule that matters: https://gosycamores.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

GoSycamores

The All-American Level
image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - After playing three games in three days down in the Sunshine State, the Sycamores return home Sunday for a 2 p.m. tip against NAIA opponent Trinity Christian at the Hulman Center.

More...