[October 13, 2018] Indiana State (2-3) vs Missouri State (3-2)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

If we go prevent defense here and lose I wont be shocked, but we've held them all half

Refuse to be down about this game. This is a team that we were down 38-6 at the half last year. This year they have to score in the last minute to win. Hard to argue this program isnt on the way up. Staff made some changes at halftime apparently because the defense played much better. Efforts like this week and last week will result in wins very soon.

Missouri State Scores Late to Spoil Indiana State Homecoming

image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- In heartbreaking fashion, Missouri State's Peyton Huslig connected with Lorenzo Thomas on a four-yard goal line fade with 16 second remaining to secure the Bears' (4-2, 2-1) second Missouri Valley Football Conference win Saturday at Memorial Stadium, 29-26.

More...

Refuse to be down about this game. This is a team that we were down 38-6 at the half last year. This year they have to score in the last minute to win. Hard to argue this program isnt on the way up. Staff made some changes at halftime apparently because the defense played much better. Efforts like this week and last week will result in wins very soon.

I’m disappointed but last year at this point we were 2 plays from being 2-4. This year we are 2 plays from being 4-2. I see a big difference in this coaching staff from years past where our halftime adjustments seem to be more effective than our opponents in at least 3 of our games

Man, that botched end of the first half was pretty costly.

Agree, I was at the game w/ my 90-year-old Dad who immediately said, why did they burn their last ttime out?? All well, much improved from last year. If we had everyone outside come in, it would have been a packed house.

Hate to lose games like this, but agree with others, compared to last year at least they are giving themselves a chance to win.

* Great day, crowd and atmosphere! Love to see the crowd size and enthusiasm maintained week after week.
* At times still see special team coverage lose discipline and leave their lanes. Also see them overrun the runner.
* Not sure of philosophy of defense, but they give a big cushion to the receivers.
* Same thought, the DB/S's seem to let the receiver catch the ball and then tackle and try to strip the ball. Last play from my angle, I think if he turns around he has opportunity to knock the ball away.
* Noticed last couple of games that when playing a 4-2-5 and the RB or TE come out in the flat for a pass our LBs can't cover fast enough.
* Both last week and this week, half-time adjustments were good.

My observations/opinion for what it is worth.
However, even though a disappointing loss, this team is fun to watch and I am excited for the coaching staff and players in that they are competitive and giving themselves a chance to win.

I am confident we can win at SIU and look forward to going over and supporting the TREES!!!!

Back