[October 26, 2019] Indiana State (3-4) at Illinois State (5-2)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

And to think, people were worried after last year that Mallory would get poached soon by a bigger school. I guess that is one less thing to worry about.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
So, three fumbles from a ball control offense? Hilarious. We play not to lose big and still get our asses kicked. Just sad. We have a very disappointing coaching staff.

79 yards rushing in the 4th isn't ball control offense IMO.

Well with the way our offense plays a 7-0 deficit is probably too much for us to over come with two and a half quarter left. :razz:

Bumping this quote up. I was half kidding but ended up being right. 7 points was too big of a deficit to overcome to win. Sigh

you guys punish yourselves too much watching ISU football, I watched the game from South Dakota, very exciting game, not decided until the final few minutes, exciting stuff! the bison did win though, by 7. They had a 4th and 1 on their own 30, went for it, got a 70 yard TD run to seal it

It’s bad when the announcers talk about what play we are going to run based on formation. If Mallory is staying the coordinators need to go.

you guys punish yourselves too much watching ISU football, I watched the game from South Dakota, very exciting game, not decided until the final few minutes, exciting stuff! the bison did win though, by 7. They had a 4th and 1 on their own 30, went for it, got a 70 yard TD run to seal it

Brave coaches win. Scared shitless coaches like ours lose. We had a really good team coming back this year and Mallory’s answer? Play like we have a terrible offense and try to win with defense and an offensive game plan from 1955.

Mallory pulled the wool over all our eyes. $&@“ this team and $&@“ this coaching staff! I can’t believe I bought into this bullshit. I’m done going. This program doesn’t deserve any support. So sick and tired of being sick and tired of this Athletic Program and these cons we have leading the way.

Mitchell Hannah’s is the only thing we have going for us. Talk is cheap Clinkscales. The amount of sucktitude is beyond comprehension in your tenure. Hope the best for the fans. WE DESERVE BETTER.

As they say, “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me!”

Last edited:

I'm honestly over NDSU. I respect their program, but their fans are about as unbearable as the Wichita fans. They also won their only tough road game of the year and will get to just cruise to Frisco. Might as well just give them the trophy now. FCS football is almost boring anymore. Just wait until they host SDSU in the semifinals for the millionth time and SDSU loses again. For the record I will not be rooting for NDSU in the playoffs. I want someone else to win it all.

It was a great game, but SDSU could have really made the season interesting if they'd won. I like the FCS playoffs but NDSU has such an unfair advantage over everyone else that it's not even that interesting anymore.

As far as our game goes I didn't even bother listening to it today. I have little confidence that we will another game. I will be at the game this next weekend but I honestly do not expect much.

Last edited:
I'm honestly over NDSU. I respect their program, but their fans are about as unbearable as the Wichita fans. They also won their only tough road game of the year and will get to just cruise to Frisco. Might as well just give them the trophy now. FCS football is almost boring anymore. Just wait until they host SDSU in the semifinals for the millionth time and SDSU loses again. For the record I will not be rooting for NDSU in the playoffs. I want someone else to win it all.

It was a great game, but SDSU could have really made the season interesting if they'd won. I like the FCS playoffs but NDSU has such an unfair advantage over everyone else that it's not even that interesting anymore.

As far as our game goes I didn't even bother listening to it today. I have little confidence that we will another game. I will be at the game this next weekend but I honestly do not expect much.

noone would disagree with you, when the same team wins every year it gets old, I think everyone, including ndsu fans, wish they'd move to I-A football, but they just don't have anywhere to go. Not much they can do, so we just have to accept they're pretty much going to win the FCS title every year.

noone would disagree with you, when the same team wins every year it gets old, I think everyone, including ndsu fans, wish they'd move to I-A football, but they just don't have anywhere to go. Not much they can do, so we just have to accept they're pretty much going to win the FCS title every year.

They could be an independent, but yeah, no conference is going to want to add them and have to travel that far to get their butts kicked like all of us in the glorious MVC do. But yeah, let's keep adding Dakota schools so they can grow stronger at our expense.

They could be an independent, but yeah, no conference is going to want to add them and have to travel that far to get their butts kicked like all of us in the glorious MVC do. But yeah, let's keep adding Dakota schools so they can grow stronger at our expense.

We do add North Dakota next year as you know, but we don't play them until 2022, and we don't play in Grand Forks until 2023. By then we may not even be in Division I anymore.

This is a big frustration with the MVC I have. The league is just poorly run. We could've added Murray St 2 years ago which would have helped at least 4 of the 5 public schools with travel in football. It probably would've helped everyone because we could have gone to divisions. Instead we add Valpo to keep the private schools happy. Doug Elgin is the private schools' lap dog and he will do anything to keep them happy. The public schools, not so much. We get screwed everytime.

This is a big frustration with the MVC I have. The league is just poorly run. We could've added Murray St 2 years ago which would have helped at least 4 of the 5 public schools with travel in football. It probably would've helped everyone because we could have gone to divisions. Instead we add Valpo to keep the private schools happy. Doug Elgin is the private schools' lap dog and he will do anything to keep them happy. The public schools, not so much. We get screwed everytime.

We shouldn't have private schools in the league. None of them play in football. The MVC is this lopsided joke of a conference, which is why I get annoyed every time I see people on here going rah rah rah for the conference and how any success it has is a benefit to us. That has never NEVER been the case. Do we still suck at virtually every sport? YES!

Strong Second Half Pushes No. 7 Redbirds Past Sycamores

image_handler.aspx

NORMAL, Ill. – Indiana State used a late second quarter touchdown to tie their road contest against No. 7 nationally-ranked Illinois State right before halftime but the Redbirds put 17 points on the board in the second half en route to a 24-7 victory over the visiting Sycamores on a cold and rainy afternoon at Hancock Stadium.

More...

We shouldn't have private schools in the league. None of them play in football. The MVC is this lopsided joke of a conference, which is why I get annoyed every time I see people on here going rah rah rah for the conference and how any success it has is a benefit to us. That has never NEVER been the case. Do we still suck at virtually every sport? YES!

Sadly at this point we do, save baseball at this point, even our marquee programs, Cross Country and Track, suck anymore. We literally have nothing to root for because we're completely outmatched in every sport we participate in. We're the Vanderbilt of the SEC, or the Northwestern of the Big 10. ISU fans desperately want something, ANYTHING to be able to cheer for, but we literally have nothing to cheer for....

Last edited:
Sadly at this point we do, save baseball at this point, even our marquee programs, Cross Country and Track, suck anymore. We literally have nothing to root for because we're completely outmatched in every sport we participate in. We're the Vanderbilt of the SEC, or the Northwestern of the Big 10. ISU fans desperately want something, ANYTHING to be able to cheer for, but we have absolutely nothing to cheer for.

Which is why I find it all the more infuriating that we have an ultra conservative offense in football. Go for broke at this point. We play to win a nail biter and fumble three times? Mallory is coaching like he's the head coach at DePauw or Rose Hulman (two teams we still couldn't be sure to beat). Eek out a win wherever you can and be happy if you're 4-8, 3-9. Screw that. Dump this program or demand accountability. I'm so sick of people coming on here and saying "support the program." No, my message to this team (coaches and players) earn an audience!!! If not, I'm happy to see it go. We have nice facilities, a campus worthy of being proud of. The sports programs are a dismal joke. Football being the biggest of all considering it's in the top half of the MVC in terms of financial support.

Last edited:
Which is why I find it all the more infuriating that we have an ultra conservative offense in football. Go for broke at this point. We play to win a nail biter and fumble three times? Mallory is coaching like he's the head coach at DePauw or Rose Hulman (two teams we still couldn't be sure to beat). Eek out a win wherever you can and be happy if you're 4-8, 3-9. Screw that. Dump this program or demand accountability. I'm so sick of people coming on here and saying "support the program." No, my message to this team (coaches and players) earn an audience!!! If not, I'm happy to see it go. We have nice facilities, a campus worthy of being proud of. The sports programs are a dismal joke. Football being the biggest of all considering it's in the top half of the MVC in terms of financial support.

Couldn’t agree more. What a fool I was to believe they’d turned the corner and an even bigger fool to believe Mallory was the guy.

We can only hope that with the plan of new facilities more money will be invested in the programs and find good donors/sponsers. I still. think Mallory is the guy after last season but we cant keep losing coaches year after year. I will be there next week.

Back