Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana State Wins!

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Indiana State kicks off it's 2007-08 men's basketball exhibition schedule against DePauw University, a private liberal arts school located about a half hour up I-70 in Greencastle, Indiana. The Tigers finished up the 2006-07 season with an impressive 22-6 mark, finishing 12-2 in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Coming into this game, DePauw will be seeking a new identity having graduated four seniors off of last season's roster, including 3 of their top 5 scorers including their top overall scorer Austin Brown, an athletic 6-foot-4 wing who averaged 14.8 ppg on 53.3% shooting in 31 minutes of action. One bright spot for the Tigers this year will be 6-foot-6 senior post man Stephen Schott, who averaged 11.6 ppg and 7.9 rpg last season. They also return their top playmaker, 5-foot-8 point guard Mike Moore, who added about 11 points and 5 assists per contest.

DEPAUW HEAD COACH & COACHING STAFF
Head Coach: Bill Fenlon (15th Season, 22nd Overall)
Coaching Record: 250-141 (.639) at DePauw, 357-210 (.629) Overall
2006-07 Record: 22-6 Overall, 12-2 SCAC
Assistant Coaches: Carson Harris, John Miller

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP
22 Mike Moore G 5-8 160 So. Elkhart, Ind. Concord
10 Tony James G 5-10 169 Fr. Indianapolis, Ind. Pike
21 Ryan Werntz W 6-3 195 Jr. South Bend, Ind. John Adams
30 Stephen Schott P 6-6 230 Jr. Indianapolis, Ind. Roncalli
24 Brian Oilar P 6-7 215 Jr. Noblesville, Ind. Noblesville

CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE GAME? LISTEN ONLINE!
While we certainly advocate folks getting out and filling the seats to root on the Sycamores, if you cannot make it to the game we've found that it will be broadcast over the Internet on DePauw's WGRE 91.5 FM. Click on the link below to listen!

STREAM: http://www.depauw.edu/univ/wgre/listen.html
ON THE WEB: http://www.depauw.edu/ath/mbasket/

Attachments

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
ISU/Depauw Series

What's the history between these two schools? Ever play each other before? That Fenlon name sounds familiar...did he used to coach @ Rose-Hulman?

:sycamores:

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
What's the history between these two schools? Ever play each other before? That Fenlon name sounds familiar...did he used to coach @ Rose-Hulman?

:sycamores:
I'd have to look that up. As for Fenlon, yes, he did coach at Rose Hulman back in the late 80s if I'm not mistaken.

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
ISU and DePauw have actualy played eah other 68 times before in mens hoops. DePauw holds a 38-30 edge in the overall series.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Old ICC Nemesis

If I remember correctly, when we were BOTH ICC members, they were quite competitive with the Sycamores...especially in their HOME den! Perhaps DUNANE KLUEH could be interviewed on this topic, possiblly offering HIS personal reflections during the highly successful 60's grudge matches w/ our "upper echelon" :pray: neighbors.