Prayers for Tunch Ilkin

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Tunch was pledging Theta Chi as I was graduating in '76. I met him in the Arena Weight Room that Fall. Frankly, he was an undersized NFL lineman, which raises the question of the role of repeated HEAD BLOWS and it's impact in contributing to ALS.

God Bless, Tunch...keep the faith.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Rough. I know the average life span after diagnosis isn't very long.

If Indiana State had planned on honoring him in any capacity again, they need to fast track it. He's long been an avid supporter of the program even when we've been absolutely awful. Thoughts go out to him and his family.

child

The White Level
Met him at a party in 1980 across from Semerals, he was introduced and told me he as going to play for the Steelers, I just kept from LOL, He was so undersized! He was a really nice guy and I wished him the best, Shows how much I know, I wouldn't even know he was a ballplayer, but he did have that football neck. To bad to here, pray for him!

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Met him at a party in 1980 across from Semerals, he was introduced and told me he as going to play for the Steelers, I just kept from LOL, He was so undersized! He was a really nice guy and I wished him the best, Shows how much I know, I wouldn't even know he was a ballplayer, but he did have that football neck. To bad to here, pray for him!
Just goes to show you how much the game and human athletic performance has evolved. When I was a kid, I read a ton about the old NFL and the average lineman was like 250 pounds. Back in the 1940s, it was something like 220 pounds... at least I think it was around there as I remember researching the Chicago Bears championship teams back then.

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Was he undersized for his era or in our 21st century, clouded eyes?

Pro-FBall-Ref lists him at 6-3, 263 lbs

Hall of Famer John Hannah, a peer of Ilkin's is listed at 6-2. 265...

Maybe too many people consider Nate "Michelin Gut" Newton to be the "ideally shaped OL"