Purdue

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Hoop Holes

I quit reading the article after the following statement:

"Reed and Tyler Cutter are both solid distributors, averaging more than 3 assists per contest."

The author must be a PU Krannert School of Economics scholar...:sycamores::krazy:

don't forget the game is on the big 10 network today.

Even with Harry back I don't have a good feeling about this game, I say PU wins by at least 20, but hope it's less than the 40 point beatdown ISU took at Louisville last weekend.

for the LOVE OF GOD, can ISU NOT turn the ball over! Man it's ridiculous! Between that and 2nd chance points for Purdue this game is driving me NUTS!

We should be winning this game.

37-30 at the half

ISU looks better, but people, imagine what the score COULD be if ISU didn't make mental mistakes, have waaaay too many turnovers, and didn't give up a million 2nd chance points to Purdue.

Now, saying that, let's hope they come out and give us a 2nd half like they did at DePaul and win this game.

That was an...umm...interesting "foul" on Carter for his fourth. I guess getting a rebound off a missed layup isn't allowed.

Well, ISU finally showed up 34-50. Haven't scored in 8 minutes. *Phew* For a minute there I thought we looked better. Thanks ISU!

Purdue has gotten away with anything...Hummell goes over the back like it's his job and they won't call him for it...we're playing better so the refs need to bring us down wow hehe....

Marshall

Someone tell me how Coach Mac has benefitted by taking Marshall out of the game @ 17 min w/ 3 fouls? How's he gonna learn to play in foul trouble IF he never plays under those conditions? If we had an adequate replacement, I can understand. If.... :krazy:

Lost by 14, but kind of misleading. Fouled them the last 3 times down the court to get the ball back. Thought we looked better, but improvement still needed.

I'm really tired of seeing this team "fall asleep" at various times during every game. They come out and cut it to 4 points right after half time then just let Purdue go on a 13-0 run, and then they win by 14.

I just don't know what they can do to stop turning the ball over so much and making so many careless passes and plays. It's frustrating to watch this over and over again.

And does anyone else think the team seems to move in slow motion alot. It sure does to me, there doesn't ever seem to be any sense of urgency.

Saying that, I think Harry is REALLY going to help now that he's back. He'll DEFINITELY give ISU a chance to win more games. How many? That's to be seen.

Carl Richard and Josh Crawford look awful. Isiah Martin is playing better, I did see a little more enthusiasm out of him today.

Can't wait to see the stats, how many 2nd chance points did PU score, how many offensive rebounds did they get, how many ISU turnovers. (edit - ISU had 21! turnovers, and 20! field goals according to TG, unbeleivable, and I would bet ALOT of those turnovers were unforced careless passes). Not going to win ANY games with 21 turnovers.

There's no more time for excuses, the season is 9 games old, it's time to step up and play like they know they can.

hey, at least ISU scored more against PU than Ball State did.

Last edited:
I only saw the first fifteen minutes and thought the team looked pretty good, but of course they weren't going to keep shooting that well all game. The defense looked like it could have been tighter and more under control. I liked that they pointed out that we only have one senior and three juniors. It is a very young team.

I really don't care that we lost to the #14 team in the nation on their home court.

I'm just elated to have Harry back in the lineup.

I'm calling it now, we WILL make waves in the Valley this year. And we WILL win some Valley road games.

I agree.
14 pts on a top 20 team's floor makes it a 5 pt game on our floor. there's been a lot of grumbling on the boards today. I wish some of our "fans" would just look at the facts.
We were out-matched today man-for-man but we would have won if our players had all been juniors/seniors - there is no doubt in my mind. the future looks bright to me. Purdue's soph class was touted as one of the best in the nation. We held Moore today to 2/10. I have great respect for Kramer's defense and Hummel's all-around game. Those two were major factors today and we couldn't beat them.

Last edited:
I've been pretty reserved, particularly since I was Christmas shopping yesterday and had to rely on phone updates from my son who was watching the game. So, not that anyone cares, here's my take:

1. HOMER - 21 free throw makes to 9. We had 250 guys on our team with 4 fouls (if they could've, they would've). They had a couple with three. Yeah, right...

2. PURDUE IS #14 FOR A REASON - let's face it - they're good. I think we hung with 'em pretty well, and we got a glimpse of what might have been had Harry and Rico not had their problems. The experience argument is winning me over. Damn, I hate to be wrong...

3. WE'RE GETTING BETTER - I think the guys sustained effort better at Purdue than we have in other games. We've got a couple of guys who need to figure out where their hearts are at, because they're not playing to their potential (Josh, Isiah (although he had a good game yesterday) and Carl immediately come to mind). I love the comment by one of the Purdue players that our sets would lull them to sleep and then we'd get an easy basket - that's the point of the Creighton offense. We must be starting to "get it." And I'm starting to think that we might be a real biatch come February.

4. HANG IN THERE - the Good Lord knows I'm as sick as anyone of "next year" but I think we've got reason to be optimistic.

We got beat by #14 on their court. We're not as far away as I thought we'd be. We'll get there!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

Back