Purdue

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

gostate03

The Varsity Level
What are the thoughts on the Purdue game this weekend? I have got seen them play but I know that they are lead by four freshman in scoring and most other stats as well. They play on ESPN 2 sometime this week vs Clemson in the acc/big ten challenge.

Anyone heading up to the game?
Any pregame events like the Butler game?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I know a group of around 8 or so students are heading to it(Basically the same group that goes to ever other game). Hopefully more students will be attending. Not sure if their are any pre-game events though..

there is no reason ISU can't win this game at PU, if the shooters hit their shots and ISU can get at it on defense PU is beatable. They'll prob. be coming off a loss at Clemson though?? We'll see.

Hopefully alot of ISU fans will be there Sat. afternoon.

:sycamores:

I really hope we can beat Purdue. I believe we can beat them but we are gonna have to shoot alot better then we have been.

After watching the Purdue vs Clemson game, this is going to by ISU toughest challenge to this point. Purdue's frontcourt has very good size 6-10, 6-8, 6-8, and they can all play away from the basket. They play extremely tight in your face defense, much like SIU but with better offense. They are young and they do have weaknesses which we will have to exploit. A good game here could lay the foundation for a very good conference seasion. As always, we must shoot a good percentage, cut way down on turnovers, and defend without breakind down and giving up easy shots.

Last edited:
How do I start a new thread? I am able to reply just fine but I am unable to start a new topic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How do I start a new thread? I am able to reply just fine but I am unable to start a new topic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Click on "Start Topic" in the category you want your thread started then let 'er rip...

I saw part of the Purdue vs Clemson game yesterday myself. Syc's will need to be playing some solid ball if they want to see a W. Hopefully they're accomplishing some things in practice this week in preparation. I agree w/ the previous poster...better shooting...better D and take care of the ball! No unforced TO's...

I hate thinking that ISU is going to lose. I just can't see them pulling out a win at Purdue. With the way they have been playing on the road I just don't think we can win. Hopefully it doesn't get ugly!!!

ISU 53
Purdue 64

my sentiments exactly, just keep it respectable.

I read where less than 900 seats were left for today's game too, making this game today one of the largest attended non-conference games for Purdue in many, many years. Hope alot of ISU fans are to account for this!

Little Eddie, how is the snow, ice in Omaha today??

I hate thinking that ISU is going to lose. I just can't see them pulling out a win at Purdue. With the way they have been playing on the road I just don't think we can win. Hopefully it doesn't get ugly!!!

ISU 53
Purdue 64

Last edited:
my sentiments exactly, just keep it respectable.

I read where less than 900 seats were left for today's game too, making this game today one of the largest attended non-conference games for Purdue in many, many years. Hope alot of ISU fans are to account for this!

Little Eddie, how is the snow, ice in Omaha today??

Really icy here...though it didn't stop my wife from taking the kids out just now. Should be fine on the roads though by now as all of this happened overnight.

Here's to a competitive game w/ the Syc's coming out w/ a surprise victory. Let's get some momentum started.

Do you guys have an online stats link/gametracker or anything like that for those of us following from afar?

Back