Raetz says Sycamores will play better today

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Admitting his team?s defense was ?horrendous? in last Saturday?s 72-10 home loss to Southern Illinois, Indiana State interim head coach Dennis Raetz promised that the Sycamores will play better today when they welcome Gateway Football Conference foe Western Illinois to Memorial Stadium.

More...

bent20

The Odum Level
I just checked the score and its 19-7 late in the fourth. Looks like the defense is better but what happened to the offense from a year ago? All this shows is that they were right to demote West. This team hasn't improved at all over the past three years. It's so frustrating. They'll likely go winless again this year. One win in three years??? The university better get serious about improving the team because at this point they don't have one.

bent20

The Odum Level
I also see that they've given up over 300 yards rushing, so while the opponent's score might be down the defense still had a miserable day.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
they might have played better, but the end result was still the same, 19-7 WIU wins, a couple interesting stats, WIU had the ball on offense for 42 minutes, ISU gives up 424 yards of offense to WIU. I still say ISU ends 0-11 this year.

0-6 and off to Illinois State for their homecoming next week, they sure scheduled a dandy.

2411 at the game today, alot of WIU fans there.

Admitting his team?s defense was ?horrendous? in last Saturday?s 72-10 home loss to Southern Illinois, Indiana State interim head coach Dennis Raetz promised that the Sycamores will play better today when they welcome Gateway Football Conference foe Western Illinois to Memorial Stadium.

More...

Last edited:

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Lonely in Macomb?

I recall an incident during the Fall of '73, where my fraternity had a REGIONAL CAUCUS @ WIU during a weekend, with various schools from the Midwest in attendance. As my car load ('68 Delta 88) of bros. finally pulled into Macomb after a mechanical (wheel bearing) $200 Champaign visit, we discovered that we'd "picked up" five (5) female hitchikers heading towards a "barn party" @ WIU. Needless to say...we
missed our original destination that weekend!

I wonder if ISU/Terre Haute has a similar meaning to WIU students?:talktohand: