Recruiting & Budget

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

WOZ

The Starter Level
Supporter
It is my understanding that when we award a full athletic scholarship, the Athletic Dept gets charged according to in-state or out-of-state policies.
In other words, if the cost to attend ISU for in-state students is $10,000, the Athletic Dept. (or specific sport) is charged $10k.
However, if the player is from out of state, the charge is $20,000 for example.

We currently have three commitments for next year. Two out-of-state and one in-state.
I have watched videos of all three.
I find it hard to believe we cannot find in-state players who have the same ability as the out-of-state recruits and save ourselves a little money.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I find it hard to believe we cannot find in-state players who have the same ability as the out-of-state recruits and save ourselves a little money.

It's not for a lack of trying. The student-athlete has the final say in where he/she commits.

Let's look at last season's recruits...three of four from the state of Indiana.

It is my understanding that when we award a full athletic scholarship, the Athletic Dept gets charged according to in-state or out-of-state policies.
In other words, if the cost to attend ISU for in-state students is $10,000, the Athletic Dept. (or specific sport) is charged $10k.
However, if the player is from out of state, the charge is $20,000 for example.

We currently have three commitments for next year. Two out-of-state and one in-state.
I have watched videos of all three.

Football was stuck with that at one point. failed pretty miserably.

Wow, we have a hard enough time recruiting good players consistently as it is, if we limit ourselves to players from Indiana (the leftovers after the state gets raided by P5 schools) and have to compete for them against other lower tier D1 schools from the state, not to mention other schools from our own conference and others, then we'll be absolutely screwed.

Wow, we have a hard enough time recruiting good players consistently as it is, if we limit ourselves to players from Indiana (the leftovers after the state gets raided by P5 schools) and have to compete for them against other lower tier D1 schools from the state, not to mention other schools from our own conference and others, then we'll be absolutely screwed.

1. I never said we should limit our recruiting to Indiana.
2. I am well aware of what happened in football. That was an edict from Administration and handcuffed Dennis Raetz.
3. I think we can improve our recruiting in Indiana.
4. I understand we need to recruit out of state on occasion, but I believe the two kids from Texas and Alabama aren’t anything special.

Football was stuck with that at one point. failed pretty miserably.

I don't think that is the current policy is it? I recall Dr Bradley treating all student athletes as in-state natives for tuition purposes.

Haven't heard if Curtis has reversed the policy

If the Varsity Club raises more $$, it ceases to be an issue

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back