Rob Martin

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter

This would be a VERY positive development and a big upgrade from Larry if he’s “the best player on the floor” at his peak as JS suggests… I haven’t seen the kid play so I will wait to hold judgement - but an interesting read in a young player that might have a high ceiling!!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Ha. If he’s really good - then I guess good luck kid make good decisions! I ain’t going to live out my Indiana State fan existence worrying about a kid being so good that he will enter the portal seeking out NIL. I refuse to watch/enjoy basketball through that lenses. Definitely the reality and I’m not in denial about it… I just am going to appreciate the time we have with the athletes we recruit and let everything else play out.

And for the record… I don’t have that kind of money but if I did I wouldn’t be paying my hard earned money to college athletes to keep them here. Sorry. I will go buy a nice bottle of bourbon with my funds and call it good!

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
Interesting article. Up to this point I hadn’t heard much from or about Martin. Schertz has been interviewed a few times in the preseason videos, and Rob Martin may be one of the few guys who hasn’t really been mentioned. Maybe Schertz is keeping him a secret because this article makes it sound like he’s kicking ass.

This is good to hear. He has the high school accolades to show he can play, so let’s hope that translates to the next level.