Roster/Player Bios

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
Why aren't the roster/player bios up for the baseball team? The season begins in two weeks.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Ditto on that. It appears that not all of the players are listed on what is there now. Its baseball season, lets get fired up!

The names have been their for a few months. However, there are more players on the team than are listed. I saw 3 on the honor roll list that are not on the roster on the website.

The roster posted is missing at least Matt Bayes, freshman lefty pticher who got a 4.0 gpa for the 1st semester. He should definitely get some credit. (And he is not my kid :) )

Thanks TruBlue, Great post.

Is that the Bayes who was high school teammate with Dylan Hale and was supposed to go to Evansville(I believe)?

Hale

I was talking to a couple of local players @ the Scottsburg "Y (one plays CF Softball NOW @ UE/the other was a teamate last yr. @ Austin) " and they both indicate that Hale DID NOT enroll @ UE. There was speculation that he might walk-on to U of L.

They also mentioned that Bayes was not a happy camper @ ISU after having his alleged
partial scholly "taken away."

Is that the Bayes who was high school teammate with Dylan Hale and was supposed to go to Evansville(I believe)?

I do believe that it is Matt Bayes who initially signed with UE. It sounded like he got out of his LOI due to a coaching change. Same as Cordell Greene, who was initially committed to UALR. I also think Bayes did go to HS with Hale, but I'm not that familiar with Indiana HS players. If I'm wrong, maybe someone can correct me.

Thanks!:sycamores:

I was talking to a couple of local players @ the Scottsburg "Y (one plays CF Softball NOW @ UE/the other was a teamate last yr. @ Austin) " and they both indicate that Hale DID NOT enroll @ UE. There was speculation that he might walk-on to U of L.

They also mentioned that Bayes was not a happy camper @ ISU after having his alleged
partial scholly "taken away."

I just talked with a kid on the team and it appears that Hale didn't qualify for the scholarship but Bayes is all good. I think it stemmed around NCAA eligibility due to grades.

I'm confused...I was told that Bayes NEVER ENROLLED @ UE, now he's listed as a ISU 4.0 Academic 1st Semester Scholar, which indicates that INSTEAD of going to UE (after the coaching change), he enrolled @ ISU w/ Hale. Is that correct? Are BOTH of them on ISU's roster this Spring?

Are the Sycamores also recruiting Austin CF Chance Densford (.408), who's personally told me that UE's already offered.

Last edited:

I just talked with a kid on the team and it appears that Hale didn't qualify for the scholarship but Bayes is all good. I think it stemmed around NCAA eligibility due to grades.

I'm confused as well. I thought Hale signed with ISU and Bayes with UE. Now Bayes is at ISU with Hale? Is Hale not playing for ISU?

I'm confused as well. I thought Hale signed with ISU and Bayes with UE. Now Bayes is at ISU with Hale? Is Hale not playing for ISU?

Hi Guys:

Sorry for the confusion. What I am being told is that Hale did sign with ISU. Bayes originally signed with EU but changed his mind late summer / early fall about attending EU. Bayes then changed to ISU and is training with the ISU baseball team (They really need to update the ISU roster).

I also heard that 2 or 3 players who originally signed with ISU ended up not being NCAA Division I eligible due to their acum HS grades. It sounds like the players were not told until after the fall season training had started. It is my understanding that Dylan Hale is one of those players. He will not be eligible to play this spring season. If he is able to bring up his grades then he would be eligible again next fall.

Hope this clears up the confusion. :)

Bayes/Hale

Thanks for clearing the airwaves, SkinnyLu!

Any "floating ice" rescues up your way?

So how is this Bayes kid?

By the way, who is going to be at the home opener? I'm there..........

I, unfortunately will not be at the home opener. ISU is a bit over 10 hour drive from Minneapolis. I will try to catch the radio coverage, if its available. My son is Cordell Greene, a freshman pitcher for ISU. He has said some great things about both Bayes and Hale. Dell seems very excited for the season and likes what he has seen so far in training. Now it will be interesting to see how they do in the MVC this season.

Regarding our weather in MN - It sucks! Moved here in 2005 and it has progressivly gotten worse. The wind chill has been the worst part of it. Only living in Kansas would be worse. One day last week we were just 3 degrees off of the temp in antarctica! Ugh.

Last edited:

LOL - Hang in there!

Right out of college in the late-70's I took a teaching job in Belcourt, ND on the Turtle Mtn Indian Reservation. I was there a year...and barely had enough $$$ to return to IN after paying my heating bill!
You'd better like the following to successfully adapt:

1. Ice Fishing (and beer drinking!);
2. Cross-country Skiiing;
3. Snowmobiling;
4. Curling.

Here's an article on Bayes after signing w/ UE:

http://gopurpleaces.com/news/2007/11/28/BB_1128072739.aspx

I contacted Bayes/Hale's HS coach on Monday and here's what he said about Hale:

"He did not meet NCAA Clearinghouse Standards going into ISU- He had other options (NAIA & JUCO) but ISU wanted him on campus- He’s passed 1st semester classes and doing well earlier in his 2nd semester- ISU believes he has a learning disorder that has gone undetected… He’s getting tested today"

Last edited:
SkinnyLu,

I just had a conversation yesterday with a local radio station. They said that Coach Meggs has approached them about covering some of ISU's baseball games on the radio. I doubt that they will cover them all, but it appears as though you may be able to catch some ISU announcers covering the team. Hopefully, the deal is worked out so that you can listen to your son's games.

I will let you know if I find out any other details, such as the web-link and all of that good stuff!

I was able to "google" the opposing teams and almost always able to get the other team's radio feed stream on the internet and gametracker for all of the road games so either way you can keep in touch.

I contacted Bayes/Hale's HS coach on Monday and here's what he said about Hale:

"He did not meet NCAA Clearinghouse Standards going into ISU- He had other options (NAIA & JUCO) but ISU wanted him on campus- He’s passed 1st semester classes and doing well earlier in his 2nd semester- ISU believes he has a learning disorder that has gone undetected… He’s getting tested today"[/QUOTE]

This is great news about Hale. I know Cordell really like Hale and thinks his skills would be an asset to the team. Which I'm sure ISU felt as well! Thanks for the update.:sycamores:

Back