Sam Mervis

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

EvilleSycamore

The Blue Level
Supporter
Yawn! He goes from being a walk on practice fodder at ISU to a walk on practice fodder at USI. One positive thing that can be said is he has played more D1 games than USI has!

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Yawn! He goes from being a walk on practice fodder at ISU to a walk on practice fodder at USI. One positive thing that can be said is he has played more D1 games than USI has!
He's also practiced within a Div I atmosphere under "The Great One" and JS. How many Div I transfers are on USI's roster? How many current Sycamores have had Div II pedigree? Should be an"interesting" game @ the "Screaming Eagles" facility. I think Mervis is a good addition to the USI program given his practice ethos as a walk-on.

EvilleSycamore

The Blue Level
Supporter
He's also practiced within a Div I atmosphere under "The Great One" and JS. How many Div I transfers are on USI's roster? How many current Sycamores have had Div II pedigree? Should be an"interesting" game @ the "Screaming Eagles" facility. I think Mervis is a good addition to the USI program given his practice ethos as a walk-on.
To answer your legit question, there are six possibly seven players on their 22-23 roster with D-1 experience not counting him, the rest are d-2 or juco experienced and i dont know if any of the d-2 or juco's had any looks from D-1 schools or not. We can agree to dis-agree on Mervis, I see his role as less than what he had in Terre Haute last year. I live in Evansville (hence my screen name) and there isn't a lot of optimism here that he will help the team. On a related note there is some excitement that Hittle will contribute to their team in a positive way. Overall the general outlook down here is College basketball in Evansville ( Uof E and USI) will be just slightly above the 500 mark combined.

Last edited:

bigsportsfan

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
To answer your legit question, there are six possibly seven players on their 22-23 roster with D-1 experience not counting him, the rest are d-2 or juco experienced and i dont know if any of the d-2 or juco's had any looks from D-1 schools or not. We can agree to dis-agree on Mervis, I see his role as less than what he had in Terre Haute last year. I live in Evansville (hence my screen name) and there isn't a lot of optimism here that he will help the team. On a related note there is some excitement that Hittle will contribute to their team in a positive way. Overall the general outlook down here is College basketball in Evansville ( Uof E and USI) will be just slightly above the 500 mark combined.
Over .500 is ambitious.

EvilleSycamore

The Blue Level
Supporter
Imagine yourself having serious back-and-forth w/ someone regarding Sam Mervis…

Nope. It’s unimaginable.
Gotta amuse yourself anyway imaginable at work when this board is slow this time of year. LOL! If it gets any slower i'll have to resort to posting how Jake Odum, Greg, Lansing, Tyreke Key, Jake Laravia, and the good ol' days people like to reminisce about sucks just to get people fired up and reply! LOL!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
I understand... But it's typically pretty slow this time of year anyway. When your roster has gone two straight years years of complete overhaul and the board knows little to nothing about almost everyone on the roster and the players we know stuff about didn't necessarily have glowing reviews throughout the season. So I am not sure what anyone is going to say at this point? I can't recall a season with more unknowns than last season - until... well... this season!

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
I understand... But it's typically pretty slow this time of year anyway. When your roster has gone two straight years years of complete overhaul and the board knows little to nothing about almost everyone on the roster and the players we know stuff about didn't necessarily have glowing reviews throughout the season. So I am not sure what anyone is going to say at this point? I can't recall a season with more unknowns than last season - until... well... this season!
I hear Evansville has good things happening. We could talk about that. 👍