[September 18, 2021] Indiana State (1-1) at Eastern Kentucky (1-1)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
i

Indiana State Sycamores (1-1) vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels (1-1)

Roy Kidd Stadium - Richmond, KY
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Kickoff: 7:00pm EST

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Head Football Coach Curt Mallory discussed the upcoming September 18 game against Eastern Kentucky in Indiana State's weekly press conference.

More...

Welcome to Richmond. I was in your fair city 2 years ago . Your fans treated us very good, had a lot of fun. BUT it was a long ride home. Expecting a great hard hitting competitive game again this year. If any of you coming to the game have any questions about Richmond, EKU or our team, I will try my best to answer.

Welcome to Richmond. I was in your fair city 2 years ago . Your fans treated us very good, had a lot of fun. BUT it was a long ride home. Expecting a great hard hitting competitive game again this year. If any of you coming to the game have any questions about Richmond, EKU or our team, I will try my best to answer.
EIU is my second favorite team to root for since they are only an hour from Terre Haute. Obviously EKU and EIU were in the same league forever so I have followed EKU for a long time. I was pretty surprised by the move to the ASUN and I still don't really get it, but I wish EKU the best.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Terre Haute. I remember that game well and thought you guys would win since we had just lost to Pioneer League Dayton. I was pleasantly surprised by the result. I have a friend that used to live in Richmond, KY and that's the only time I have ever visited there besides driving past it on I-75 quite a bit in my semi truck.

I won't be at the game, but the best way to get to Richmond from Terre Haute is by taking 46 to Bloomington, then take 37 south to Paoli, then head east on US 150 to I-64. Louisville has toll bridges now but the I-64 bridge is still free (the 65 and 265 bridges are not). I-70 completely sucks thanks to the traffic and the potholes, and 65 isn't much better. 465 on the south side of Indy is also a mess since 65 and 70 are closed in downtown Indy. Cincinnati is a nightmare due to construction on the I-75 Ohio River Bridge. If anyone goes to EKU via Cincy take the 275 bypass even if it is a little out of the way.

EIU is my second favorite team to root for since they are only an hour from Terre Haute. Obviously EKU and EIU were in the same league forever so I have followed EKU for a long time. I was pretty surprised by the move to the ASUN and I still don't really get it, but I wish EKU the best.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Terre Haute. I remember that game well and thought you guys would win since we had just lost to Pioneer League Dayton. I was pleasantly surprised by the result. I have a friend that used to live in Richmond, KY and that's the only time I have ever visited there besides driving past it on I-75 quite a bit in my semi truck.

I won't be at the game, but the best way to get to Richmond from Terre Haute is by taking 46 to Bloomington, then take 37 south to Paoli, then head east on US 150 to I-64. Louisville has toll bridges now but the I-64 bridge is still free (the 65 and 265 bridges are not). I-70 completely sucks thanks to the traffic and the potholes, and 65 isn't much better. 465 on the south side of Indy is also a mess since 65 and 70 are closed in downtown Indy. Cincinnati is a nightmare due to construction on the I-75 Ohio River Bridge. If anyone goes to EKU via Cincy take the 275 bypass even if it is a little out of the way.
Then stay on I-75 south to the 87 exit, take a left at top of ramp. onto EKU By- Pass. stop lights are number. Kidd Stadium is at #7, about a mile from the interstate. Some parking in the Alumni Coliseum lot. just before you get to Roy Kidd Stadium. most of it is reserved for tailgating but some public parking on your left as you turn in. Probably best parking for visitors would be to turn right at the light at the stadium. Open parking in all the parking lots and planetarium lot. Most popular chain restaurants and fast food on either side of Interstate at the exit. It you are looking for something in particular give me a shout.
for all rules and protocols see: https://ekusports.com/sports/2021/8/27/2021-football-gameday-information

image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State continues its longest road trip of the 2021 season as the Sycamores line up in their final nonconference matchup of the regular season on Saturday evening against Eastern Kentucky. Kickoff between the Sycamores and the Colonels is set for 7 p.m. and will be carried live on ESPN+ and 105.5 The Legend.

More...

Back