[September 25, 2021] Indiana State (2-1) vs South Dakota State (2-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Regarding Heide’s championship performance…I’ll agree, he didn’t have the best game but some blame needs to be put on the coaching staff not adjusting the gameplan and giving him a better chance.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
When I was at state in the late 90’s it was only on a rare summer night that I would notice it. Not sure what the conditions had to be but it seemed like it was only a 1x or 2x a month thing in the July/August months

It was real bad in the early to mid 80's. It was a combination of sewage plant, paper mill, RR tie plant and chemical plant. It would really irritate your nose. Pretty tame now.

It was real bad in the early to mid 80's. It was a combination of sewage plant, paper mill, RR tie plant and chemical plant. It would really irritate your nose. Pretty tame now.

Don't forget the dogfood plant and fertilizer plant.... and all were west, north and or south of Terredise -- a potent mix for Ooo-oo that smell... can't you smell that smell

Right... in any event, I roll my eyes when people hold onto something that hasn't been factually correct in literal years.

Back to the game, I think I'd be happy if we covered and kept it within a couple scores. Solely based on the offensive output and play calling I've seen this year. If the SDSU DC has watched tape and he doesn't just load the box and attack the LOS all day, we'll be lucky.

I'd be forcing whatever QB we run out there to make good reads and accurate throws. I'd also bet they couldn't do it consistently across 4 quarters so just sell out to stop the run.

image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State returns home following its two game swing at Northwestern and at Eastern Kentucky as the Sycamores prepare to start Missouri Valley Football Conference play on Saturday, September 25, against No. 2/3 South Dakota State. Kickoff between the Sycamores and the Jackrabbits is set for 1:05 p.m. ET and will be carried live on ESPN+ and WZJK 105.5 FM.

More...

TH still smells like absolute shit down south around the mall and fairgrounds. The poop plant smells horrendous. They built a new one and it was supposed to get rid of the smell,.....well it failed. Some nights or days is way worse than others. But that smell is still there.

TH still smells like absolute shit down south around the mall and fairgrounds. The poop plant smells horrendous. They built a new one and it was supposed to get rid of the smell,.....well it failed. Some nights or days is way worse than others. But that smell is still there.

I haven't noticed it in years

You're talking about a localized smell. Back in the 80s, the entire city smelled. My family lived up around 20th and Hulman and you walk out the door and it would smack you right in the face.

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm down there a few times a week and have only smelled a hint in the last couple years.

You're talking about a localized smell. Back in the 80s, the entire city smelled. My family lived up around 20th and Hulman and you walk out the door and it would smack you right in the face.
I remember in 93 walking out of Cromwell on a foggy day and it was pretty bad.

I remember in 93 walking out of Cromwell on a foggy day and it was pretty bad.
hell, you guys had it made, you should have been running track and cross country in the middle 1980s, there were some days we were running and were nearly vomiting the entire run from the stench, I will never forget that smell, it was AWFUL

It all depends on how hard the wind is blowing from the west. It's better than it used to be, but people don't notice the smell from the sewage plant as much either since the mall is about dead and going to a movie isn't as popular anymore.

Traffic down there is pretty light now days. Used to you had to worry about a bunch of female steering wheel holders running into each other or trying to run into you, cutting across three lanes of traffic at the last second to go to Macy's. Not so much anymore.

They’re going to fix the camera…right? You guys arguing about TH smelling like shit but it looks like this game is being played on the surface of the sun.

Mallory sticking to never firing an assistant like his dad is going to get him fired. This offense is an abomination. The defense can only do so much between field position and being on the field every 2 football minutes.

Maybe if we keep getting targeting calls SDSU won’t start within 60 yards of the endzone. We sure aren’t getting there any other way.

This football program is trending in the wrong direction. How can they possibly get ANY fan support with efforts like this?

I was told then the smell was from a factory that made cat litter and from a plant where they put the sticky-coat stuff on railroad ties. No idea if that was accurate.

Back