Steven Jeffers walks on at ISU basketball

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
By Todd Golden
The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE ? After spending a week at Lindenwood College and deciding basketball there wasn?t for him, Terre Haute?s Steven Jeffers decided to try the real world for a while.

?I thought it would be nice to have a break from basketball. I enrolled at Indiana State and got a job at Sears,? Jeffers said. ?I worked in electronics ? I can tell you whatever you need to know about TVs.?

Basketball seemed to be in Jeffers? past, but when Indiana State switched channels ? in the form of a coaching change ? Jeffers? dream was no longer on hiatus.

Jeffers ? a 6-foot-6, 220 pound forward ? will be a walk-on for the Sycamores? men?s basketball team. ISU coach Kevin McKenna confirmed to Jeffers that he would be permitted to walk on late in August, but he was only recently added to the Sycamore roster after going through the NCAA clearing house.

Read the rest of the story by clicking on the below link
http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_story_254232759.html

B

bigsmooth

Its a shame that this kid was injured, I think he had some real talent and could have really contributed to this team with his shooting and attitude.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
what was his injury? And does he have plans to play basketball anymore? edit: never mind, I read he had back troubles. Hopefully he's ok now.

Its a shame that this kid was injured, I think he had some real talent and could have really contributed to this team with his shooting and attitude.

bent20

The Odum Level
When dredging up old threads like this I think it's good to make note of it. I thought I was reading about a recent event until I finally saw the dates on some of these posts and the stories.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Yeah who brings this up 2 years after the fact? I mean Steven is a good kid - but was he good enough to play D1 hoops? Doubtful. I played with him recently in a pick up game at a local middle school and the kid is decent but nothing special - not a D1 tallent.