Summer Workouts

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Huff77

The Sycamore Level
The first comment my wife ever made about Jordan Barnes was his baby face...so we called him Baby Barnes for four years. Really interested to get her reaction to Martin.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Bledson caught a lot of grief from JS last year and this forum... Probably the second biggest punching bag behind Henrey... I actually wasn't in that camp on Jabo I thought he had a pretty good season - I think he's probably one of the best passers that we've had here in a long time - definitely one of the most flashy (risk v. reward is high) and the kid clearly just loves to compete and I feel like that was the case last year as well. Athletically he's a little bit limited but he's crafty and makes up for it in other places. I think with some of the pieces added he's going to have to really compete for minutes this year - but I still look for him to have a pretty strong season.

Huff77

The Sycamore Level
Bledson caught a lot of grief from JS last year and this forum... Probably the second biggest punching bag behind Henrey... I actually wasn't in that camp on Jabo I thought he had a pretty good season - I think he's probably one of the best passers that we've had here in a long time - definitely one of the most flashy (risk v. reward is high) and the kid clearly just loves to compete and I feel like that was the case last year as well. Athletically he's a little bit limited but he's crafty and makes up for it in other places. I think with some of the pieces added he's going to have to really compete for minutes this year - but I still look for him to have a pretty strong season.
I agree with you. I thought he had such a great start to the season but started pushing it a bit when conference started and injuries and covid mounted. That reverse up and under tho...I used to pull that at the Chauncey Rose track goals.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter
I have nothing against him. I just think he is not going to fare very well in the depth chart this year. New guys coming in tend to be overrated, sometimes, but we have added a bunch of experience and a couple of good FR.

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
Watching that video reminds you of how many guys we have that are 6'5"-6'7" and can shoot or drive. Will make for some interesting lineup combinations this fall.

dino

The Varsity Level
Supporter
Courvoisier can rock people to sleep and go straight up with the jumper or step back. Cant wait to see that in game. Jumper is so smooth.

treeman

The Renn Level
Watching that video reminds you of how many guys we have that are 6'5"-6'7" and can shoot or drive. Will make for some interesting lineup combinations this fall.
yup I'm getting pretty excited for this season, just with all the versatility we seem to have this season. We might be set up pretty well for one of those 3 games in 3 days tournaments 🤷‍♂️

jsetliff5

The Blue Level
That is what they call “versatility”, something that has been difficult to come by around here

bluestreak

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
I was having a really shitty day and a couple of minute of ISU basketball brought a smile to this old craggy face.

treeman

The Renn Level
Unfortunately, offensive highlights are lowlights for the defense.

Unfortunately, offensive highlights are lowlights for the defense.
Not quite sure what you want Luke Martin to show; lay-up lines and defensive slide drills?

I'll take highlights of our guys hitting contested shots and competing everyday of the week. Hell, it's July, give me 10 minutes of Sycamores dunking and acrobatic plays that I'll never see in games. I just want to be entertained and excited about this seasons team. And these videos do it. Perfect defense leading to a Neese missed lay-up doesn't do it for me in July.