Sycamore Football Turnaround

SydCamore

The Captain Level
I want to take this time to say Thank You to all of you Sycamore football fans out there.

I believe we all have one thing in common............. We love Indiana State and their athletic teams!

Although we have no idea if the Trent Miles era will indeed move Indiana State in the right direction, we do know that we have hope. For the first time in a long time, we are all excited about ISU football.

I hope that I see you all at the games. We should be able to put 7,000 fans in Memorial Stadium at all the home games.

Let's all keep in mind that Southern Illinois made a tremendous turnaround with their football program. SIU was 37-73 in the 90s. They were 1-10 in 2001. They won 4 games in 2002. SIU went to 4 straight NCAA playoffs from 2003-2006 with records of 10-2 (2003), 10-2(2004), 9-4(2005), and 9-4 (2006). By the way, ISU beat SIU 9 straight times (1994-2002).

My point is this............. One of our biggest rivals has made a turnaround similar to what we are hoping will happen here. I'm not saying we will win the conference in two years, but a change in attitude can do wonderful things. SIU bought into Jerry Kill's system and haver gone from a conference bottom-feeder to one of the top teams in the conference. IT CAN BE DONE!

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
Andy Amey's article

I like this quote from Andy in today's trib star, it really brings it home how good this ISU team can be this season and in the years to come

"I haven?t been in a position to give you this advice about ISU football in almost 20 years, but here it is: go see ?em."

article link