Sycamores at DePaul

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
well, ISU takes on the Big East tomorrow. After seeing the past 2 games I really don't hold out much hope that we'll see a win in this game. Maybe Carl and Isiah will be a little more inspired in this one since it's right in their backyards. Hard telling.

A win would be huge, but DePaul is 3-0 and has been playing pretty well. I'd be happy to win the rebound battle, that would at least give ISU some hope.

We'll find out tomorrow.

:sycamores:

Superfan312

The Varsity Level
I'd be happy to see something positive out of Cutter or Printy. Cutter doesn't need to be a huge scoring threat, but we need more pts out of a point guard than .5 a game. He just seems scared to death to shoot it. He wants to pass it off so bad and it usually turns into a turnover. I'd be happy with just points out of Printy.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
Monday's opponent, Arkansas State, plays at Ball State Sat., so it'll be interesting to see how that game turns out.

Evansville is at Butler on Sat. as well. It's sad ISU doesn't have BSU and Butler on the schedule this season

BlueBleeder

The Starter Level
Supporter
Yeah...it does seem wierd, however you would have to take up any problems you have with BSU and Butler. They both backed out of scheduling games this season!!

bent20

The Odum Level
65-60 with a couple of minutes to go. Looks like the Sycamores have fought their way back into it.

bent20

The Odum Level
Looks like a very impressive second half. Too bad they couldn't pull out the come back. 75-70 the final.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
game report

I was at the game w/ Little Eddie and the only way to describe that game was the same way Golden described it in his blog....MADDENING for ISU fans!

first half - utterly dreadful, no more to say

2nd half - un-freaking-believable for ISU. To not give up and come all the way back from being down 20 showed me this team is not going to give up. When they had it down to 2 at 68-66 and then down 3 with the ball (71-68) I really thought ISU was going to win. We all did. Then when Cutter had that ball stolen that took the wind out of ISU's sails. That guard for DePaul just took it right away from Tyler and went right in for the easy 2 and gave Depaul that 5 point lead back.

If ISU just could have played even a little better that 1st half they'd have won by 10, ISU was clearly the better team in the 2nd half, outscoring DePaul by 15 points.

One of these days ISU is going to put together a solid 40 minute effort and win big. Let's hope it's Monday night vs. Arkansas State.

Josh Crawford and Jay Tunnell had MUCH better games, as well as Aaron Carter and Reed. Carl Richard missed a couple easy shots and made some freshman mistakes, but he is going to be VERY good for ISU, his HS teammates from Richards High were all there.

if you want a good description from the game, read Todd Golden's Blog from today.
http://blogs.tribstar.com/downinthevalley/?p=129

and something else, that Dar Tucker kid for DePaul was unbelievable, man, if ISU could ever get a recruit like Hulman Center would fill up

game story from DePaul
http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15600&ATCLID=3625000

game statistics
http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/dow...3625000&SPSID=68823&SPID=7777&DB_OEM_ID=15600

where DePaul came up with 7782 for attendance at that game is beyond me, it's like ISU saying there were 3000 people at a football game when actually only a few ghundred showed up.

Last edited:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
Monday's opponent, Arkansas State, won at Ball State today 54-53, I sure hope ISU can send them out of Indiana w/ a 1-1 record

SycamorePsycho

The Varsity Level
I was at the game and my first impression was that Depaul's fan support was substantially worse then ours. Their student section was virtually non existent. Our student section has been pretty decent with the exception of the Murray State game considering our record. I was also pleased to see a decent number of ISU fans there. I had a very nice conversation with a student who recently graduated from ISU.

ISU in the first half was absolutely awful. But in the second half they looked great. Even if we have a bad year this year I know we will be good next year because we totally outplayed a big east team in the second half. We have the talent. In the second half ISU finally stopped playing a ZONE, and look what happened we claw our way back into the game and almost win. I have no idea why we have been playing a zone all year against teams. When we played man to man our defense looked a ton better, and there were no where near as many threes given up. If ISU had not played a zone for the first 3 and a half games I seriously believe ISU would be 4-0 right now. When Harry gets back and if Coach Mckenna continues to play man to man :pray: look for the Sycamores to be back!!!! Go Trees :sycamores: