Sycamores to host ‘Tipoff in the Forest’ basketball event on October 27

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

did anybody look like an unquestionable starter?
Not really sure you could glean that info from tonight's event, but I thought Kailex Stephens looked really good. He has his full explosive jump back after that achilles injury and still had that smooth accurate 3 point stroke. Cam Henry has top level athleticism and a good looking shot. Voss has a high major body and looked like a strong player, just didn't hit many of his long range shots. Rob Martin looked like Jordan Barnes 2.0 He is silky smooth with the ball and seems to have it on a string at times. He also has a quick and good looking shot. Jason Kent has a huge wingspan and is quite athletic, should be a great defender. I was really impressed by Avila in his offensive skillset and also his demeanor. You can tell this kid is going to be a fan favorite and he loves getting into the moment. Cooper had some long distance shots go down, including a half court shot.

Having rambled on about all that, I have got to say this team is full of options to choose starters from and that is a great problem to have.

Courvoisier McCauley

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

Thanks to everyone for the updates, sounds good all the way around.
Anyone else have any pictures or especially video to share ?

Some photos of the arena and new boards. Looks very nice. It was an extremely fun event if you like offense. I have no complaints. I think ISU team is gonna make some noise this year. 20-25 wins is certainly not impossible. A ton of athleticism on this team. Seemed like the guys really enjoy being around each other. The crowd was pretty into it as well. A little small but loud for the size. Can’t wait for the real games to start!

Attachments

• 1655089B-C6B8-45FF-B572-906BC33302C1.jpeg
    1655089B-C6B8-45FF-B572-906BC33302C1.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 32
  • EB6409F6-5847-43F9-AB8D-BF642C079D48.jpeg
    EB6409F6-5847-43F9-AB8D-BF642C079D48.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 7823CCB9-EE0C-40B1-8DE0-FE7ABFF03DD3.jpeg
    7823CCB9-EE0C-40B1-8DE0-FE7ABFF03DD3.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 401C2D5D-720C-4347-8B41-30A99EB75CDB.jpeg
    401C2D5D-720C-4347-8B41-30A99EB75CDB.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 30
  • F2E3FF34-0674-4C1C-BF68-2CFA3D0CE0B6.jpeg
    F2E3FF34-0674-4C1C-BF68-2CFA3D0CE0B6.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 7B65DCA0-5C43-456C-B67C-EAC7E373A58E.jpeg
    7B65DCA0-5C43-456C-B67C-EAC7E373A58E.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 33
Nice to see the NBA style shot clocks. Not sure if those are new this year I just never noticed them before but they look good.

Not really sure you could glean that info from tonight's event, but I thought Kailex Stephens looked really good. He has his full explosive jump back after that achilles injury and still had that smooth accurate 3 point stroke. Cam Henry has top level athleticism and a good looking shot. Voss has a high major body and looked like a strong player, just didn't hit many of his long range shots. Rob Martin looked like Jordan Barnes 2.0 He is silky smooth with the ball and seems to have it on a string at times. He also has a quick and good looking shot. Jason Kent has a huge wingspan and is quite athletic, should be a great defender. I was really impressed by Avila in his offensive skillset and also his demeanor. You can tell this kid is going to be a fan favorite and he loves getting into the moment. Cooper had some long distance shots go down, including a half court shot.

Having rambled on about all that, I have got to say this team is full of options to choose starters from and that is a great problem to have.

Courvoisier McCauley
Sorry to be a pest but my curiosity is driving me nuts. Did you get any impressions on Cade or Miller?

Sorry to be a pest but my curiosity is driving me nuts. Did you get any impressions on Cade or Miller?
Cade did not dress, must be nursing an injury or something. Miller does have a nice looking jump shot. He didn't really do too much, but it seemed more like a show of athleticism and highlight reel dunks to entertain the crowd. We will get a better feel for what Miller can do on Tuesday.

Cade did not dress, must be nursing an injury or something. Miller does have a nice looking jump shot. He didn't really do too much, but it seemed more like a show of athleticism and highlight reel dunks to entertain the crowd. We will get a better feel for what Miller can do on Tuesday.
per Golden article in today's paper Cade had a slight ankle tweek at the secret scrimmage with Youngstown & was held out as a precautionary measure.

Has anyone check in on SSOM? The man probably can't walk straight after seeing last nights defense

BlueBleeder hit the nail on the head with his review, but I will share mine as well. It was very similar to a modern day NBA All-Star give with even less defense, so hard to gauge completely.

-Voss: Mature build and demeanor overall. Good looking stroke and think he can be a missing piece for some of the game we couldn't close out.
-Henry: Looked good and think having more scoring threats around him will help his overall game. No refs, so he was happy. :ROFLMAO:
-Coop: Spot of 3's looked smooth. Not having to work off the dribble will help his game tremendously. I expect his ppg average to dip a little, but his shooting percentage to increase. Hopefully less minutes for fresher legs as well.
-Kailex: Thought he looked awesome. Seemed quicker and confident in his 3 point shot. Think he will have a really nice season as a 4 in bigger line ups and stretch 5 in small ball lineups.
-Kent: His games looks smooth and has a chance to be a really good defender in this league. I questioned his 6'8 roster listing, but he looked legit. He looked to be a bit taller than Kailex. Not sure of his scoring punch this year, but hopefully can develop and become a bigger piece with the four guys above him all graduating.
-Avila: Overall, impressed with him. His build looked more athletic than videos. His shot was smooth. I think he will get a lot of comparisons to LaRavia although not sure LaRavia was doing backwards windmill dunks when he stepped on campus. Will be interesting to watch him develop.
-Gibson: Very mature build and demeanor. Not super quick, but should be a steady ball handler and passer. Didn't get a good ready on scoring ability.
-Martin: Super quick and crafty. Can't watch him without the JB comparison at this point with their similar size and background. JB game was heavily reliant on the 3 point shot. Rob seems like he will try to drive more and maybe a better passer. Could be special if we can keep him, Avila and Kent together.
-Larry: Looked strong and as we saw early last season he has the hops just wish he would use it to his advantage on more drives. He didn't want any part of the 3 point barrage.
-Crawford: Looked like he put on some weight/muscle. Smooth stroke and athleticism. Still going to have a hard time finding minutes this year.
-Miller: Pretty thin build, but definitely a knock down shooter. I imagine he will have his moments similar to Hobbs last year, but would be surprised to see him on the court a lot this year.

Nice to see the NBA style shot clocks. Not sure if those are new this year I just never noticed them before but they look good.
Pretty sure those are also new. Last year we had those ugly box looking things up on top of the baskets. Everything in general is so much nicer. It feels like a big time college basketball environment now.

It was a fun event for the players and helped raise some scholarship money for a few students which is why there was so many three's.....Impossible to come away with "how the team looked" after an event like this but I will say this team is going to be maybe the most athletic in ISU history. Coach is getting his types of players in here and it's going to be fun to watch. Team chemistry seemed to be off the charts between the guys and you can tell they enjoy playing together.

Back