Sycamores vs. Bradley

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
14-14 at the 11:26 mark, ISU is shorthanded tonight, so if they win this it's gonna take a monumental effort from the guys out there.

ISU already with 5 turnovers, Bradley's defense is really pressing ISU. We can only hope for the best.

I don't think Marshall is going to play, haven't heard thuogh.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
20-16 BU, sounds like tunrovers are going to be the death of ISU tonight, just not able to get the ball to the right people w/o Harry in there.

27-19 BU, ISU 9 turnovers, and shooting 28% from the field, not a good recipe for a win. We really miss Marshall

at the half 28-22 BU leads, well, we're within 6, gonna have to play a MUCH more controlled and error free 2nd half to have any shot to win this one.

If only they could have shot even 35% from the field we'd be tied or ahead. BU isn't shooting that much better.

37-30 BU, had it to 32-30, then ISU slacked off and let BU go on a 5-0 run here, crap!

38-33 BU, we're hanging around, but can't quite get back up with the Braves. Man, I'd love to see us win this game, if only we were shooting a higher percentage.

if nothing else we're even on rebounds, still only shooting 33% from the field and 8-11 from the FT line.

3-18 from 3 point range, this is a game ISU should be winning, I have no doubt if Harry were in we'd be up, and big.

40-35, need to make a run here.

46-38 BU, had it to 40-37, but BU pulls away again, ugh, so close, we just can't make a run to get tied up or get a lead.

46-44, Within 2 now! come on guys, fire up!!!!!!!

48-44 BU after the free throws

for those wondering, IU is getting beat bad at Ohio State too

Last edited:
crap, can't get a stop! Ugh! 51-46, BU answering all ISU runs here.

51-48 after the Carter FT's now, come on defense!!

crap 57-48, BU up again, just not enough steam for ISU to win this one.

probably getting out of hand here.

shots not falling was ISU's downfall tonight. We're gonna have to just wait till Harry gets back before we have any shot to win any more games I'm afraid.

59-48 BU leads, this one's over sadly. Good effort with a short changed team tonight.

Haven't heard whether Harry will play this weekend or not?

UNI leading Evansville in the only other MVC game tonight, 1st half though.

60-48 BU leads.

No "D" Down the Stretch

Bradley scored at will when the chips were on the line.

Where was Richard tonight??:krazy:

off somewhere else obviously, who knows??

Rebounding was pretty even, BU wins that war by 1, turnovers for ISU was bad (15), and poor shooting % for ISU (35% for the game) were it's downfalls.

Kudos to the students who showed up and made some noise, we could hear you all in the background.

this is a game we shoulda won....

63-52 is your final, ugh. 2-4 in the MVC now, home record is dreadful

Bradley scored at will when the chips were on the line.

Where was Richard tonight??:krazy:

Just returned from the game we are improving. You can sure see the differance in a senior led team and our team. However we stuck around and fought a team that should have killed us . Richard needs to learn to pass the ball and get his shots not just shoot every time he touches the ball. Did notice him being helped into the locker room with about 2 1/2 minutes to go didnt hear anything about it on the radio home does anyone know what happened ? Cutter has such a nice shot however he never shoots why is that? Hope nobody takes this as negative just my observations of the game .

Just returned from the game we are improving. You can sure see the differance in a senior led team and our team. However we stuck around and fought a team that should have killed us . Richard needs to learn to pass the ball and get his shots not just shoot every time he touches the ball. Did notice him being helped into the locker room with about 2 1/2 minutes to go didnt hear anything about it on the radio home does anyone know what happened ? Cutter has such a nice shot however he never shoots why is that? Hope nobody takes this as negative just my observations of the game .

Richard got hurt on a blocked shot that led to a 3ptr in transition by Reed (6 strait points by Reed) to make it a 2 pt game with about 6:30 left in the game. After the blocked shot he came down on his tail bone. It appeared to tighten up on him as the game went on and when he went to the bench.

Last edited:
I don't know what game you watched...but I didn't see much improvement at all. The only reason we were in that game was because Bradley was struggling almost as much as we were. Their fans probably feel lucky to have played us on one of their team's off nights. Passing by the whole team was absolutely dreadful! The crowd was awful as usual. I get so tired of being one of the few people that actually makes some noise. Quiet and basketball do not go together, in my opinion! At least the students are back...it was a decent turnout for them last night. I wish there were more of them, but the ones that do come are very supportive and loyal. I thought Josh Crawford had his best game in awhile. He played a lot tougher and made his way to the basket several times. I hope to see more of this in the future.

PS - One of the gimmicky shooting games during a timeout (or halftime, can't remember) was for the Trib Star. Shoot a layup and get a month subscription free....half court shot and you get the Trib Star for free for a year. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! What kind of a prize is that? On top of that I think it was a student...what college student wants a newspaper subscription??? I get so frustrated with the little details like that. Like, why don't we play the video intro for the guys at a certain time every game (like right before they come out of the tunnel???) This seems obvious to me but we manage to screw it up or skip it altogether almost every game. I could go on forever....

Well you see my friend... me and Daveinth get criticized quite frequently for being overly critical of the team and the performance or lack their of. So if I can speak for Daveinth he was trying to show everyone that he can also add positive remarks from the game, yet it is a no win situation for him because when he adds positives such as "I see some improvement" he get's called out on it.

However I feel the same as you I saw very little improvement last night. That spin move in the lane and dunk by Crawford was pretty sweet I must say. Outside of that and the late run where Reed hit back to back 3s their was not a whole lot to cheer about. I saw Cutter take one 3pt shot and it looked awful, granted he handles the ball well but thats about all he does. Pritney continues to not shoot the ball enough. Reed has a huge cast on his hand that can't help.

If you all want to criticize me for always being negative then go ahead and do that. I am not even denying it at this point. You all just can't even point out what reason or reasons I have to be positive? Have you all seen a worse Indiana State team in the last 10 years? Honestly? Highly doubtful that you have.... I think I have every reason to state my displeasure with what is going on right now.

the improvements i saw in the game was this we stayed competitive for a long time against one of the better teams . I thought Martin was playing better than he has in a long time ( only got 13 minutes of playing time) . With Cutter he tries but he dribbles way too much and passes the open shots. I enjoy going to the games however I like Morgan get frustrated when we play so bad . Since you got me going there i havea question Was i the only person in attendance friday when we had the ball with 37 seconds left and the coach did not call a timeout to setup a play ( we had three and couldnt take them home with us . ) Instead we turn the ball over and luckily Ill State doesnt score .

Back