Thanks to Todd Golden..

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
this is the worse thing i could ever imagine those poor kids being made to do something so hokey . i hope they play as bad as they shuffle . Maybe John Sherman is their SID also

Why are you talking shots at Sherman? Why are you so negative all the time? Indiana State needs more people who are supporting the team and less people complaining all the time. Daveinth, you sir need to take your negative attitude somewhere else!

P.S. Learn how to type! Your lack of capitilzation and end puncutation goes to show your lack of intellegence!!

Why are you talking shots at Sherman? Why are you so negative all the time? Indiana State needs more people who are supporting the team and less people complaining all the time. Daveinth, you sir need to take your negative attitude somewhere else!

P.S. Learn how to type! Your lack of capitilzation and end puncutation goes to show your lack of intellegence!!

And its you and people like you whos lack of support and athletic knowledge has run down a program i Have been supporting for 40 years . So think of something more intelligent than YOU DONT CAPITALIZE . If you attended any games what so ever you would know what i am talking about John Sherman goes out in the middle of the court YELLS into a microphone trying to get the 800-900 people in attendance to make some noise . Again its the people who show up to the games not the ones who just buy a ticket who are supporting the program . If these people cant take negative criticism they they need to find another line of work.

And its you and people like you whos lack of support and athletic knowledge has run down a program i Have been supporting for 40 years . So think of something more intelligent than YOU DONT CAPITALIZE . If you attended any games what so ever you would know what i am talking about John Sherman goes out in the middle of the court YELLS into a microphone trying to get the 800-900 people in attendance to make some noise . Again its the people who show up to the games not the ones who just buy a ticket who are supporting the program . If these people cant take negative criticism they they need to find another line of work.

Yea, I'm not really sure why John Sherman trying to get people off their a**es is a bad thing. Yes, he yells, but the average age of a fan at the game is somewhat high. Gotta speak up.

"My lack of support and athletic knowledge"?? You have no idea who you are talking to and I am sure if you ask anyone my allegiance is to Indiana State University. That is beside the point, because I don't have to explain myself to you and your ignorance. Every post you have made about ISU has been negative. Even when you post something positive it is dripping with sarcasim. I go to every game and have seen Sherm go out there and try to energize the crowd. Is there something wrong with him trying to get people excited? You have obviously never coached anything other than the Boys and Girls club, so it is easy for you to sit back and talk about not having a gameplan, or our coaches don't coach. You sir are part of the problem with ISU, not me. I support this team and want to see them do well. Do I agree with everything that has been done at ISU? No way, but I still support my university and don't get on an internet message board and spout off about things I know nothing about and criticize people and then hide behind a screen name!!

Everything that gets posted here anymore always get turned into an argument. This was supposed to be funny, now everyone's bashing on one thing or another.

Just because someone is negative does not mean they don't support the program and don't want to see them do great things. In tough times you see this kind of negativity, I am highly critical of the players and the staff in about every post that doesn't mean I am going to stop buying season tickets or listening to road games on the radio. The John Sherman fallout is actually pretty interesting. I think what Sherman does is a good thing if your program is up and winning. But honestly who want's to get up and make some noise amongst small crowds watching ISU squeak by DePaw? It's the adage give me something to cheer about and I will cheer. I don't think watching people go out and shoot half court shots during time outs 5 times a game is reason to cheer.

Sherman should have never been taken off the radio. Growing up he was the man on the radio! Between him and Mike King they have to be two of the best sports broadcasters in the history of Terre Haute. Here is John Sherman 'BINGOOOOOOOO!"

I guess on the + side at least their seem to be more people posting recently... When I started posting on here about a month ago no 1 really posted. It seems that people have been posting more recently... People caring enough to take the time to post is a good thing.

Last edited:
Sherman hasn't been doing the timeouts for last couple of games. In all fairness to John, trying to pump up the crowd with the way we've played this season would NOT be an easy job, and him yelling to get us pumped up just sounded all the more useless in the morgue-like atmosphere of the arena. And that atmosphere was NOT his fault, it was a direct result of the play of the team. Sounds like that is getting corrected.

I believe that if we had a mostly full house every game, and the team was kicking butt on a regular basis, John's schtick would be GREAT. It just doesn't fit in a funeral home like we play in right now...:bigsmile:

Sherman hasn't been doing the timeouts for last couple of games. In all fairness to John, trying to pump up the crowd with the way we've played this season would NOT be an easy job, and him yelling to get us pumped up just sounded all the more useless in the morgue-like atmosphere of the arena. And that atmosphere was NOT his fault, it was a direct result of the play of the team. Sounds like that is getting corrected.

I believe that if we had a mostly full house every game, and the team was kicking butt on a regular basis, John's schtick would be GREAT. It just doesn't fit in a funeral home like we play in right now...:bigsmile:

Exactly right! That place is a funeral home for sure... I used to love looking up at the guy and his family just below the American Flag who always bring their ISU Flag and count 3 pointers. Now their is not even any reason to count 3 pointes, esp. when you can count them on 1 hand. Just tough times to be a Sycamore fan and people are sick of it. We have a piss poor Football program and everyone has known that for some time. I think people being upset with what is going on the hard court is actually pretty fair. You play to win the game! I have to agree that if you can't handle the heat then get out!

My point was this about this whole thing Bradley looked like idiots. Now as far as whom you are or what rock you climbed out of I could care less. These boards are to discuss Indiana State Basketball. If you or whomever you are posting for can’t understand this program is in dire need of a good shaking up then maybe you can jump down there and do it since you have so much experience doing this. As I said before if the individuals in the program can’t stand negativity in what they are doing they need to pack their bags and go somewhere else. Now on to John Sherman if what he does is so important to the crowd let’s get on the microphone people because it’s way too loud and annoying. John Sherman is a jerk in ALL MY DEALINGS WITH HIM. Not just here but in personal life as well. Ron Prettyman hasn’t made a good hire since he got here .As well he has made it impossible to get crowds out like we had the other day. With unemployment in the area at an all time high we have ticket prices at an all time high. Now let’s look back at economics supply and demand when there is a demand for your product then you can charge $25 for a ticket. When you have put out a product such as what is being produced too me there needs to be a few more FREE days. If you sell 3 tickets at $5.00 you will make more money than if you sell 1 of those same tickets for $12.00. This is plain common sense to me now maybe I haven’t capitalized enough for some people but these are just my opinions whether you agree with me or not that’s your choice. But do yourself a favor and cut the whole YOU DON’T KNOW WHO YOUR TALKING TO CRAP. BECAUSE I AM NOT IMPRESSED

I guess I'm the only one who found the Bradley video pretty funny...in a non-mocking sorta way. More power to 'em.

As for posting on this board....I prefer to read posts that are not negative.

I go out of my way to NOT READ anything by Bob Kravitz in the Indy Star because I know that EVERY single article he writes is either completely negative or hints at negativity...and usually the former.

As for grammar and spelling...talk about a pet peeve of mine. There are too many folks who post here who don't know the difference between there, they're, and their. Or by stating that, am I just sounding negative?

I guess I'm the only one who found the Bradley video pretty funny...in a non-mocking sorta way. More power to 'em.

As for posting on this board....I prefer to read posts that are not negative.

I go out of my way to NOT READ anything by Bob Kravitz in the Indy Star because I know that EVERY single article he writes is either completely negative or hints at negativity...and usually the former.

As for grammar and spelling...talk about a pet peeve of mine. There are too many folks who post here who don't know the difference between there, they're, and their. Or by stating that, am I just sounding negative?

What about the adage...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it? Sure there's gonna be times when people disagree with the way a certain player plays...the way a certain coach runs the game...the way a PA announcer yells...the way a AD hires. But guys like Daveinth and Morgan have YET to post something remotely positive. Though they claim to be big Sycamore fans and I don't deny that they very well could be, I still find it to be an odd way of showing it by constantly coming on the board to piss on anything ISU blue.

Thanks Eddie. I come on the board feeling good about a recruit or a victory and those guys end up just pissing me off. Being relentlessly negative does not mean you have any special insight into the game or a players performance.

What about the adage...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it? Sure there's gonna be times when people disagree with the way a certain player plays...the way a certain coach runs the game...the way a PA announcer yells...the way a AD hires. But guys like Daveinth and Morgan have YET to post something remotely positive. Though they claim to be big Sycamore fans and I don't deny that they very well could be, I still find it to be an odd way of showing it by constantly coming on the board to piss on anything ISU blue.

Agreed. It's very annoying. And bluestreak hit the nail on the head too.

I also agree!!!!!!!

I am not a negative person I am one of the most positive people in the world. I enjoy everything about Indiana State Athletics. However that being said if anyone believes these boards are designed to just be positive about losing consistently is living in a fantasy land. I personally like most of the players we have. I personally feel like Coach McKenna can do a good job. My feelings are the likes of the assistants they have in place. It’s the assistants’ jobs to scout the teams we are playing and draw up a game plan. Until Saturdays game we have not had that. On Saturday there was a fantastic game plan and executed it and if you look at my post I commented on how we finally had a game plan. Look at college programs who have boards like this and you will find that people are critical of every program in the country. Being critical is not necessarily negative. I want to see this program back to the front of the MVC. I enjoyed watching the video and if you look at my post it was making light of the Bradley players doing it. Yes I did crack a joke about Sherman and from now on I will no longer allow my personal feelings out about him. However I will continue to judge the program as to how it is being run. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but all is not peachy in candy land. A 4-27 record may be acceptable to some but it is not acceptable to me, I will not sit by and bite my tongue or accept Status Quo.

I am not a negative person I am one of the most positive people in the world. I enjoy everything about Indiana State Athletics. However that being said if anyone believes these boards are designed to just be positive about losing consistently is living in a fantasy land. I personally like most of the players we have. I personally feel like Coach McKenna can do a good job. My feelings are the likes of the assistants they have in place. It’s the assistants’ jobs to scout the teams we are playing and draw up a game plan. Until Saturdays game we have not had that. On Saturday there was a fantastic game plan and executed it and if you look at my post I commented on how we finally had a game plan. Look at college programs who have boards like this and you will find that people are critical of every program in the country. Being critical is not necessarily negative. I want to see this program back to the front of the MVC. I enjoyed watching the video and if you look at my post it was making light of the Bradley players doing it. Yes I did crack a joke about Sherman and from now on I will no longer allow my personal feelings out about him. However I will continue to judge the program as to how it is being run. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but all is not peachy in candy land. A 4-27 record may be acceptable to some but it is not acceptable to me, I will not sit by and bite my tongue or accept Status Quo.

I never said that you shouldn't or couldn't voice your opinion when you're upset w/ how things are going but would it hurt to throw in something remotely positive from time to time. You mention the game plan post...I just read it and yes, that was a positive post.

I am not the board police nor do I want to be. All I can ask is that you choose your words wisely when posting cuz there are players, parents of players, family of coaching staff and potential recruits (and their parents) that read the board. Whether you want to believe it or not fan sentiment could possibly sway a potential recruit to go elsewhere...or come here...or it could make a current player feel unwelcome.

Just a thought...I'm moving on now and going back to lurking.

I never said that you shouldn't or couldn't voice your opinion when you're upset w/ how things are going but would it hurt to throw in something remotely positive from time to time. You mention the game plan post...I just read it and yes, that was a positive post.

I am not the board police nor do I want to be. All I can ask is that you choose your words wisely when posting cuz there are players, parents of players, family of coaching staff and potential recruits (and their parents) that read the board. Whether you want to believe it or not fan sentiment could possibly sway a potential recruit to go elsewhere...or come here...or it could make a current player feel unwelcome.

Just a thought...I'm moving on now and going back to lurking.

AMEN BROTHER EDDIE!!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

I agree with both sides of this argument, but also think there has been too much negativity here of late. No one is ducking their head in the sand and assuming this program will become great just because. Heck, most of my family who are ISU alums are as negative as anyone you'll meet, but that's always after the season starts and the team has fallen short of early expectations. I think this should be a place for everyone to voice their pleasure or displeasure, but it should be done constructively. I also like having more people posting here and adding to the discussion.

As for the video, I couldn't watch it. I hate feeling embarrassed for people.

Back