Just to start off I'm from the north central part of Indiana. My daughter excepted an athletic scholarship to ISU and is currently a freshman here and so far she knows she made the right decision. She was considered an above average but not a blue chip recruit meaning she had offers from major conference schools but was not looked on as being a major contributor. What drew my daughter to ISU was 1. Style of play 2. Her chosen major 3. Community support (attendance usually top 30 in the nation) which translates into big time game atmosphere inside a 10,200 seat arena, and I've learned this is a major factor for the other recruits who have since commited to ISU. This is what keeps the women's basketball program at least competitive. The type of recruits who are looked on as roll players at the BCS level but major contributors at the Mid Major level. Changing the suject to football (sorry for the long winded introduction). My questions are 1. Are we getting the above mentioned level of recruits for our football team. 2. If not what can the program do to attract this level of recruits. What bragging points do we have: our stadium, our attendance, our winning tradition, our film room with theatre seating. IMHO recruiting is roughly 75% of winning, even if we have the other 25% this leaves us well short of what we want for our program. I feel we have two choices one being an extreme change in facilities, mainly new on campus all-purpose stadium(maybe indoor) to reel in better recruits, of course this will require a big chunk of change. Or choice #2 scrap the football program for a non-scholarship program and invest in our other sports program taking them to new heights. I understand what a successful football program can do for a university, so it hurts to the core to suggest scrapping it. Then I look at schools like Xavier, Marquette, and Depaul and say HEY WHY NOT?