The Sporting News writer coming to ISU-WSU game!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I found this on the Indy Star message board. I hope to God we have a good crowd for this game. This guy is touring
all the Indiana D-I colleges and then will write an article.

Someone e-mail him and offer him tips about what to do prior to and/or after his trip to Terre Haute. He needs to at least get to the Bally!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheSportingBlog/tag/IndianaRoadTrip

here is his itinerary from the article:

Here’s the itinerary:
Feb. 12: Michigan State at Purdue
Feb. 13: Wisconsin at Indiana
Feb. 14: Youngstown State at Butler
Feb. 15: Anderson High School at New Castle High School
Feb. 16: Youngstown State at Valparaiso
Feb. 17: Toledo at Ball State
Feb. 18: Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame tour
Feb. 19: Wichita State at Indiana State
Feb. 20: Illinois State at Evansville
Feb. 21: Pitt at Notre Dame
Feb. 23: IUPUI at IPFW

If you’re going to be at one of the games, stop me and say hi. If you went to one of these schools and know of a restaurant or a bar I absolutely must visit, or know a diehard fan I absolutely must meet, shoot me an e-mail (rfagan@sportingnews.com) and I’ll include it in the blog. Maybe in the magazine, too.

:sycamores:

I

ISUBBALLBAND

The Band is inviting all members of both bands to be at this game to create a louder atmosphere. Hopefully that will help make him enjoy the Hulman Center even more. We definately need some student support for this game.

Superfan312

The Varsity Level
Well, he replied to my email, saying that he would definitely stop by the bally, and that he wants to see a lot of students at this game!

I

ISUBBALLBAND

Yeah, good luck with the whole students thing. I think that we could really get a lot of students there, but for some reason they never come in big numbers. You guys do great down there in the front though. Keep it up. Hopefully we can all impress this guy tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!

I

ISUBBALLBAND

I hardly know anybody that has heard about the game at all tonight. I guess people just don't care which is pathetic. Everybody on my floor would much rather stay in their rooms and watch the IU vs. Purdue game. The support all around for out team student wise freakin sucks. Except for the ones that are there at all of the games. We'll all just have to try even harder to be loud tonight. GO TREES!!!!!!!!!!

SydCamore

The Captain Level
The students that do show up and the band do a tremendous job. I'm not sure the school does enough to promote games. They should have all the students sit on the same end. I don't like how they have two student sections.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
The students that do show up and the band do a tremendous job. I'm not sure the school does enough to promote games. They should have all the students sit on the same end. I don't like how they have two student sections.
Hate to say it, but the staff in the athletic department doesn't have the faintest idea what they are doing when it comes to getting butts in the seats. No clue at all...:evileye:

For pity sake, the students are a captive audience. You ought to be able to convince 10% of them to show up at the game. A student crowd of 1,000? Wow, wouldn't that be a sight...:eek7:

Well, those of us that are there are sure to go hoarse screaming our Trees to victory!!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

I

ISUBBALLBAND

You definately have the whole going hoarse part right. I can hardly talk after tonight. Great game. Hopefully the reporter was impressed.