The tree in the middle of the road

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Sycamorefan96

The JSW Level
Supporter
Not sure if anyone on here is familiar with the tree in the middle of the road on Greencastle Road north of Fontanet or not. Around a month ago a large chunk of it fell onto the road. VC authorities did a study on it and figured out a way to save the tree by doing some trimming on it. Unfortunately I just saw on Facebook that the tree is supposedly on fire now. Makes me wonder if that will be the end of the tree for good now. If so that's too bad. Hopefully they would consider planting a new tree in that spot if that's the case.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Not sure if anyone on here is familiar with the tree in the middle of the road on Greencastle Road north of Fontanet or not. Around a month ago a large chunk of it fell onto the road. VC authorities did a study on it and figured out a way to save the tree by doing some trimming on it. Unfortunately I just saw on Facebook that the tree is supposedly on fire now. Makes me wonder if that will be the end of the tree for good now. If so that's too bad. Hopefully they would consider planting a new tree in that spot if that's the case.
Did the County finish the new bridge on Hasselberger yet? Supposedly were to have a "canoe launch/parking area" for Otter Creek next to the bridge where a "pad" was to be installed for the heavy equipment used in construction.

Did the County finish the new bridge on Hasselberger yet? Supposedly were to have a "canoe launch/parking area" for Otter Creek next to the bridge where a "pad" was to be installed for the heavy equipment used in construction.
I have no idea about the Hasselburger bridge. I didn't even know it was closed. In my experiences Otter Creek is usually too low to canoe/kayak on. Sometimes I go to the dam and go as far upstream as I can before the water gets too low. Usually I can make it to about the OC / Sulphur Creek confluence.

My favorite local creek to go on is the Big Raccoon. I try to do Bridgeton to Rosedale at least once a year. One day whenever I have time, I'm going to try to go from Mansfield to Mecca in my kayak.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back