"Thinning" of the Roster

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
Anybody taken a look at the updated roster on the website? ALOT of names no longer on the list...and as of now from the end of the Spring Game I hear 9 more have been cut (scholarship and non-scholarship) with more to come.

Can we win playing 80% freshman?

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
Hahaha touche gentlemen, touche...

But I'm talking about the long term effects. I mean yes, the incoming class can get a nice fuzzy warm feeling about playing on Saturdays while they get their asses delivered to them in a nice package...but how are you going to explain 2 consecutive 0-win seasons to recruits NEXT year?

I don't even think Freshman can beat SEMO...and we NEED that win :(

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
As I understand it, every player who has left has done so because he wasn't willing to meet the requirements that Coach Miles has laid down for the team. Whether that be classroom performance, weight room performance, on the field performance, or whatever. If they're not willing to put out the effort, then we don't want them. It's the same on a team as it is in my business - a person not willing to produce is an infection that if allowed to continue, will infect the entire organism. Better to cut it out now, than later.

I'm sure Trent knows what he's doing...:meditate:

bluestreak

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
If those players can't cut it under Trent's team rules. SO BE IT! And be prepared for it to get worse before it gets better. Coach Miles is making fundamental changes to this program, and he has my 100% support - and my cash contributions to prove it.

Last edited:

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
As I understand it, every player who has left has done so because he wasn't willing to meet the requirements that Coach Miles has laid down for the team. Whether that be classroom performance, weight room performance, on the field performance, or whatever. If they're not willing to put out the effort, then we don't want them. It's the same on a team as it is in my business - a person not willing to produce is an infection that if allowed to continue, will infect the entire organism. Better to cut it out now, than later.

I'm sure Trent knows what he's doing...:meditate:
I definitely see your point, and its a very good one...call me a bleeding heart but when guys who have been here 3 years and bled for this program get cut I feel their pain. I wish them all of the success in the future, I know a few of them had kids.

btisu22

The Varsity Level
I definitely see your point, and its a very good one...call me a bleeding heart but when guys who have been here 3 years and bled for this program get cut I feel their pain. I wish them all of the success in the future, I know a few of them had kids.
Our football players have had it way to easy the past few years and it sure has shown on the field! I have been to all of these home games and some road and I SUPPORT coach Miles with whatever he does.

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
I guess all of our questions will be answered this fall. Go Sycamores! To you veteran players that are still here stick through it, it will be worth it some day :sycamores: