Tyreke Key to announce destination at 6 pm today

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

FanSinceArenaDays

The Sycamore Level
Indiana State transfer Tyreke Key
@TyrekeKey plans to announce his transfer decision this afternoon, he tells
@TTU247
. Has taken official visits to Texas Tech and Tennessee.

-------------------------------------------

Will see who has the best NIL $$$$ ..... I'll bet the Vols ?

treeman

The Renn Level
Can't blame Key. He gets to take advantage of an extra year and play for his home state top 10 team an hour and a half away from his hometown. Who knows what happened behind the scenes but in the end I can understand him choosing the Vols; makes it an easier pill to swallow

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Can't blame Key. He gets to take advantage of an extra year and play for his home state top 10 team an hour and a half away from his hometown. Who knows what happened behind the scenes but in the end I can understand him choosing the Vols; makes it an easier pill to swallow

I'm a purist and hope it is nothing more than his lifelong dream playing in the driveway of going to the NCAA tournament with them. He'll get to go to the tournament next year unless Tennessee somehow disappears from the US.

swsycamore

The Varsity Level
Supporter
2 hours and 9 minutes

Sycamore Blue

The Sycamore Level
Best of luck to Tyreke and thank you for your efforts as a Sycamore.

Interesting article coming from the Tribune Star. It’s pretty obvious Key and Coach Schertz have their differences in opinions. The way I read into the situation is Key’s injury gave him a test drive in Schertz system/culture and it wasn’t want he was wanting and decided to move on. It’s the world that we are living in now.

It’s time to move on a focus on the future with Sycamore basketball.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter

Interesting article coming from the Tribune Star. It’s pretty obvious Key and Coach Schertz have their differences in opinions. The way I read into the situation is Key’s injury gave him a test drive in Schertz system/culture and it wasn’t want he was wanting and decided to move on. It’s the world that we are living in now.

Yep. I had a similar takeaway but this summarizes it pretty well actually.

Although I’m not real RaRa on the thank you for your contributions and best of luck piece… I’m not wishing him any harm - but I’m like quickly moving on in this current landscape without any emotion toward these players what-so-ever. It will be hard to ever really like any of these guys too much - why put your fan emotions on the line like that. I’m good.

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter

It’s time to move on a focus on the future with Sycamore basketball.
Where did you get that? It doesn't say that in the article, does it?

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
Good on coach for clearly speaking his mind when asked. Looks like that's how its gonna be around here now. Good on Key for speaking his too. Twice Key said he'd probably still be here if something. Interesting.

BlueBleeder

The Captain Level
Supporter
I like Tyreke, really appreciated his effort and being a good human being while also a top level MVC player. However, i don't buy the being rushed to make a decision. He had all kinds of time to choose what he wanted, getting down to the end of the season the staff needs to know if they have to fill his spot or not. It probably has a lot to do with Key being quiet and shy and coach being forthright and bold. It is what it is i guess, but Key makes it sound like he was treated poorly and i dont think that could be further from the truth.