Valley Predictions

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
They've got a nice predictions thread going on over at ValleyTalk, so I thought it would be interesting to see how those of us in Sycamore Nation think the MVC will shake out. I'll start with my own prognostication:

I love this part of the season. Everyone is filled with optimism and everyone expects to see a better team than last year! What fun. And, for many of us, it leads up to a nice, big letdown!!! But since I have about as much chance of being right as Digger Phelps (yeah, I don't have a lot of confidence in my abilities to pick :footballhelmet:), here goes!!!

1. Florida, oops, I mean SIU
2. Missouri State - they'll finish 25-3 with an RPI of 11 and they'll still miss the dance...
3. Creighton - Altman will have 'em humming by Arch Madness
4. Bradley - I guess we'll see if Les was riding someone else's brains the lasts two years
5. Indiana State - OK, so I'm biased, but this is the same crew that beat Butler soundly last year, and pounded Purdue - the talent is there :cheers:
6. Wichita State - Greg Marshall proves he can coach simply by keeping the Shockers out of the play-in round
7. Illinois State - sorry, I'm not as sold on them as everyone else
8. UNI - it's a long, hard road down
9. Drake - anyone for Keno? :bigsmile:
10. Evansville - Marty has his work cut out for him, but the future will be brighter

The really funny thing is that any of these teams could probably finish first in a dozen other conferences. Gotta love the Valley!!! :swordfight: