We Win!!!!!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
OMG! We win an MVC road game!!?? YES!!

I lost the UNI radio feed with 6 min. to go driving home and had to call someone to find out what happened, they said it went to the 2nd OT and I just now see ISU won!

THANK THE LORD!! My prediction of 0 MVC wins was WRONG!! I'll take it!!!!!!!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Not to be totally negative: but for starters how did we have a 17pt lead in the first place, and how did we blow a 17 pt. lead? We lead by 17pts at half. However we were able to salvage a win on the road in the Valley, very difficult to do! Good win for sure!

Sycamore Proud

The Nicks Level
Trees are undefeated in the conference and tied for 1st place in the Valley! :sycamores:

This may not last long, but how many of you thought it could ever be said this season?:naughty:

Congrats Sycamores--nothing breeds success like success.:)

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
I didn't think they would win another game - however I did say that you can luck into a win! So go ahead and mark me down as someone who did not believe they would be atop the Valley standings!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Richard had a nice game off the bench! Bring him off the bench from now on if he is going to play like that. He was finally somewhat assertive it appears! To this point he was the biggest disappointment on the team in my opinion. Considering how much hype he got coming out of Richards High School in Illinois. Good to see him put up good numbers!

sycamore fan

The Varsity Level
Congratulations to the players and coaches. This was a much needed win for all of you and for all of us fans as well. I hope that the squad can continue to improve and gain experience.

There will be highs and lows. Some of us will support you throughout.

Go Sycamores. Let's reward them with a big crowd Wednesday!

Superfan312

The Varsity Level
Wow, great win.. Took a lot of guts to win in 2OTs with Northern Iowa hitting 3's like that.
Anybody that watched this game know how the Throwback Uni's looked?

To quote the first five words in your post......."Not to be totally negative" describes you exactly Morgan. Your mother slap you around a lot when you were a kid (or maybe you're still a kid) you negative di*k.
You sound like a former player who no longer plays anywhere.

bill chip

The Blue Level
Morgan, if you go to the damn games and watch the game, Richard is playing out of position, at the four spot, play him at the 2 or 3 and I will guess he will perform better!!!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I was like Morgan, after witnessing the IUPUI debacle I was CONVINCED ISU would not win one more game at ALL this season. The IUPUI game was the 4th game I'd seen in person and I was so disgusted with how they were playing I just had resigned myself to thinking the season was lost. That's why I was so shocked and happy ISU won today. They proved me, and ALOT of other people wrong.

I was also a non-believer in Carl Richard, he had not impressed me ONE iota, but he sure came thru today. I hope he realizes it's a TEAM game and if you play as a TEAM you can win games.

And look what happens when you outrebound the opposing team, you win! ISU won the rebounding war today.

Again, I sure hope this is a sign of better days ahead. Creighton will be a tough game this week, but I think ISU has beaten CU the past 2 times at Hulman Center.

and for those keeping track, that is the first ISU win AT Northern Iowa since January 2002, so it's been a loooooong time.

bent20

The Odum Level
Maybe this is the season where things go in reverse and we're awesome in conference instead of terrible. Either way, huge win!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Morgan, if you go to the damn games and watch the game, Richard is playing out of position, at the four spot, play him at the 2 or 3 and I will guess he will perform better!!!
Then let's put the kid in a position where he can succeed that's not my job as a fan... I have gone to every home for the last 10 years. I don't want to hear a word...

I mean if you honestly think that Richard has played well until yesterday your out of your mind! I don't care if he was playing out of position the kid has been a major disappointment. Hes got such an athletic frame I would like to see him be alot more aggressive(it appears with what he did on the boards yesterday he was).

Last edited:

bill chip

The Blue Level
Sorry, just don't like to see these kids being BASHED on this site, I believe they are doing the best they can..........

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Fair enough... Your right!

Look these are not "kids" now let's get that strait. They are men one level away from the pros. Also understand these "kids" as you call them are scholarship athletes and whether you like it or not they have a responsibility to preform. It is what they were brought in to do play basketball for a D1 school! Now you can get tough on them and say step it up or you can feel sorry for them and say take it easy on them they are just kids...

I just would like to see the current coaching staff put the team in a position to win games. I don't feel they have honored that to this point. He throws them under the bus in the newspaper all the time and never takes the blame. They played a good game yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing much of the same come Wednesday!

Last edited: