What should we expect?

bent20

The Odum Level
Moving on the from the Eastern Michigan loss, what should we realistically expect from the Eastern Illinois game? Based on the results of the last game and the fact that many here say it was asking too much for this team to do better than a 52-0 loss, I'm going to say 45-0. Small steps right? Truthfully it would be nice to see a score like 31-14. Some improvement from both sides of the ball.

EIU is usually one of, if not the best team in the OVC every year. A lot of things would have to come together to beat them at Charleston. I would hope to keep them under 40 and get two or three TD's of our own?

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I think EIU was picked 3rd in the OVC in the preseason poll. Not sure though?

Also read a while back they'd been having injuries w/ their running backs, so not sure if they're all healed up or not.

from the EIU blog:
"Eastern?s top returning rusher from last year, Travorus Bess with 612 yards and four touchdowns on 106 carries, was set to make the trip to Central Michigan after missing much of preseason practice with an injury. Same goes for Norris Smith, who two years ago was the Panthers? second leading rusher with 656 yards and six touchdowns on 135 carries but then played only one game in an injury-plagued junior season and was out much of this preseason with back trouble. Still, junior Ron Jordan and true freshman Desmin Ward are the running backs listed in EIU?s two-deep lineup looking to fill the shoes of graduated 1,287-yard ground gainer Ademola Adeniji.
?We?re going up there with the guys who have practiced,? Spoo said. ?Ron Jordan and Desmin Ward are the two guys who have practiced.?

Any team that has a pretty strong running game seems like they'll run right past the ISU defenders (I'm afraid to think what the Donaldson kid from WIU will do against ISU after his performance at Arkansas on Saturday night).

EIU has a blogger much like Golden for ISU, here is his blog if you want to keep track of EIU stuff, they play at Illinois this week if I remember correctly?

EIU Blogger