Where are they now?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Jerod Adler played for Stahnsdorf (GER) last season.
Keylan Block is under contract for the 2007-2008 season with Reims (FRA).
Nate Green plays for Snaidero (ITA).

A more complete listing (search) here.

Nate Green is in Italy.
David Moss is in Europe some place.
Larry Bird is President of the Indiana Pacers!:bigsmile:

A few Terre Haute and Indianapolis residents

Jim Carr, Duane Klueh, Ray Goddard, Arley Andrews, Jim Waugh, Tom Pitts, Bob Heaton, Brad Miley, Jimmy Smith, Steve Reed, Howard Johnson (his daughter is an outstanding player for TH South), Larry Sample, Ted Kraly, Robbie Vickers, Matt Renn, Michael Menser and Nate Green (in the off-season). Jim Harkness recently moved to Florida. Jimmy Cruse was here, too, but I have not seen him for awhile. Kenny Rowan was still in Brazil, last I knew. R.T. Green is a lawyer in Fort Wayne.

Carl Nicks is in Indianapolis, working as a scout for Larry Bird and the Indiana Pacers. Many others are in Indy, including Basil Sfreddo, Warren Ross, Howard Dardeen, George Pillow, John Sherman Williams and J.R. Shelt (Fishers). Dr. Mike Copper is superitnedent of schools in Lawrence Township in Marion County. Dr. Jim Crone is a professor at Hanover College. John Robbins was in Muncie, last I knew. Rick Peckinpaugh was the head coach at McCutcheon and had a son whio played at Eastern Illinois. However, there was another high school star named Peckinpaugh who just graduated from another school and that might be his son also. Butch Wade, Jerry Newsom and Steve Hollenbeck are in Columbus, I think, but Jerry spends a lot of time in Florida. That's where Lou "Bitsey" Giovannini now lives.

Danny Bush and Travis Inman are in Bedford. Dr. Steve Phillips was the principal at nearby Mitchell High School not long ago and may still be there. Jerry Kunkel is in Sullivan, now long retired. Former Benton Central AD and NBA star Dick Atha is in Oxford, Ind. and Don Andrews is in nearby West Lebanon, Ind. Bob Barker is in Greensburg, I believe. Lenny Rzsezewski and Dan Dimich are in South Bend. Curt Crittenden is in California. Sam Richardson is in New York City.

Jayson Wells has been a bona fide star in European basketball circles for several years. I see where he currently is in the Netherlands. Trent Wurtz is playing in Denmark. Lamar Grimes played for Grand Rapids of the International Basketball League last season. And it looks like David Moss might be back in Italy. He seemed to disappear midway in the 2007-08 season.

More later. Have not had time to check spellings carefully

Yes. I wonder if we recruited him. Bob was an outstanding player at ISU and teamed with George Pillow. His son tore his ACL and missed his senior year in high school but Xavier honored his scholarship. However, I did not recall that he played at all at Xavier, did he?

I dont think he ever did, I did an internship at a high school he played against his senior year, and then worked as a grad strudent at Xavier Sports Information and when we assembled the Xavier media guide I do nto recall him being in it

Last I knew of Kenny Rowan he was working for the Indiana State Police as a trooper out of the Terre Haute post.

Pillow is my candidate for the "All-time" squad being assembled on this website...boy, could that guy "sky"...and being productive while doing so.

Jim Carr, Duane Klueh, Ray Goddard, Arley Andrews, Jim Waugh, Tom Pitts, Bob Heaton, Brad Miley, Jimmy Smith, Steve Reed, Howard Johnson (his daughter is an outstanding player for TH South), Larry Sample, Ted Kraly, Robbie Vickers, Matt Renn, Michael Menser and Nate Green (in the off-season). Jim Harkness recently moved to Florida. Jimmy Cruse was here, too, but I have not seen him for awhile. Kenny Rowan was still in Brazil, last I knew. R.T. Green is a lawyer in Fort Wayne.

Carl Nicks is in Indianapolis, working as a scout for Larry Bird and the Indiana Pacers. Many others are in Indy, including Basil Sfreddo, Warren Ross, Howard Dardeen, George Pillow, John Sherman Williams and J.R. Shelt (Fishers). Dr. Mike Copper is superitnedent of schools in Lawrence Township in Marion County. Dr. Jim Crone is a professor at Hanover College. John Robbins was in Muncie, last I knew. Rick Peckinpaugh was the head coach at McCutcheon and had a son whio played at Eastern Illinois. However, there was another high school star named Peckinpaugh who just graduated from another school and that might be his son also. Butch Wade, Jerry Newsom and Steve Hollenbeck are in Columbus, I think, but Jerry spends a lot of time in Florida. That's where Lou "Bitsey" Giovannini now lives.

Danny Bush and Travis Inman are in Bedford. Dr. Steve Phillips was the principal at nearby Mitchell High School not long ago and may still be there. Jerry Kunkel is in Sullivan, now long retired. Former Benton Central AD and NBA star Dick Atha is in Oxford, Ind. and Don Andrews is in nearby West Lebanon, Ind. Bob Barker is in Greensburg, I believe. Lenny Rzsezewski and Dan Dimich are in South Bend. Curt Crittenden is in California. Sam Richardson is in New York City.

Jayson Wells has been a bona fide star in European basketball circles for several years. I see where he currently is in the Netherlands. Trent Wurtz is playing in Denmark. Lamar Grimes played for Grand Rapids of the International Basketball League last season. And it looks like David Moss might be back in Italy. He seemed to disappear midway in the 2007-08 season.

More later. Have not had time to check spellings carefully

Dr. Tom Pitts, ISU; B.A. 1961, M.A. 1962 passed away in March 2015. Pitts was an Indiana All-Star (Vincennes Lincoln), voted All-State by the Louisville Courier-Journal, a member of the 1980 Indiana Hall of Fame Silver Anniversary team and an Indiana Hall of Fame inductee (1995). He played one season at the Univ of Colorado before transferring to State and leading the Fightin' Trees to the 1962 NAIA Tourney (we were bounced in the round of 32 by Winston-Salem State).

Complete Obits and his Ind HoF page below:

http://www.hoopshall.com/hall-of-fame/tom-pitts/?back=HallofFame

http://www.wwbl.com/c-thomas-pitts-march-2-2015/

http://www.callahanandhughes.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1534643

RIP Dr Pitts

Back