where is everybody??????

TJames

The JSW Level
boy....it's really slowed down in here....lol....no practice updates...no recruiting information...no arguments....jeez...what's going on here...lol....

i havent been able to contribute as much as i wanted to....my work covering the colts has kept me away from practice too much....i have seen a few minutes of a couple workouts, but not enough to really gauge anything....

i do know that injuries are starting to take a little bit of a toll on the offensive line...i can't give you any names simply because i didn't hear any names....just that a couple of offensive linemen are nicked up right now....

i have been told that the last few days have been tough for the freshmen....trying to learn the offense and defense....become better acclimated to dorm life....for many of them, it's their first time away from home....

i do like what i see in terms of enthusiasm...the sycamores do have some good, young players....but the key word is definitely YOUNG...

usually, older players will step in and help the younger guys along in learning the ins-and-outs of the program, the system, etc...the problem now is that there isn't a lot of older players there to give advice...and the older ones who are practicing are learning at the same rate as the new people....

the athletic skills will be better. that's a given. and the attitude will be much better. that's a given. but how quickly these young guys can latch on to everything that is being taught to them by the coaching staff remains the big unanswered question.

repetition is the answer. by this time next year, the foundation for the re-emergence of the program will have been laid. the problem now is that the foundation is a little soft, the concrete is still wet, it hasn't matured enough yet....

ISUCC

The Odum Level
Tom, you should write or call Todd Golden to see if he can do his daily blog about ISU's practices since he is covering football for ISU again. It'd be kinda nice to get a short daily update from him on how things are going out there.

country123a

The Starter Level
Tom, you should write or call Todd Golden to see if he can do his daily blog about ISU's practices since he is covering football for ISU again. It'd be kinda nice to get a short daily update from him on how things are going out there.
Sounds like a great idea to me.