Where were the students???

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Great win by the Trees! However, what's up with the students? I thought this game was heavily promoted by the Athletic Department. I was told a couple of weeks ago that they weren't doing much to assure people used their Drake tickets because so much effort was going into the "Hoosier Hoopla" or whatever they called today. Well, whatever they were doing obviously didn't work. The student section wasn't 1/3 full!! Those that were there were great, don't get me wrong. But on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, where were the rest of the students???

I was heartily disappointed...:mad:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Heavily Promoted? I'm a student, and I didn't realize it was Sycamore Hoopla till today. The AD didn't do squat to promote this...

Heavily Promoted? I'm a student, and I didn't realize it was Sycamore Hoopla till today. The AD didn't do squat to promote this...

I'm just tellin' ya what I was told as I pondered whether enough was being done to assure that people used their free Drake tickets. It was either on this forum or the other one in which someone, quite sternly, told me that the reason that no follow-up promotion was being done was because so much effort was being put into this Hoopla thing.

Our athletic department is light years ahead of where it was, but in the area of getting people, especially students, to games - they SUCK!!! I'm not saying they're going to fill the place, but they don't even seem to try. I don't know if they're happy with a couple hundred students out of 10,000, but that seems bad to me. And it also seems to me that if you want to do something to get an immediate increase in the crowd, you've got to work on the students first.

The kids that showed up were really pretty good, but just the fact that so few were there is what had me disappointed.

:censored::mad::censored::mad::censored::mad:

I think if the game had been later more students would have showed up. The ones that were there were pretty darn loud.

It doesn't matter when the games are played, the students are simply not showing up. More power to those who do show up, but Illinois State brought more fans from 200 miles away than ISU students from 4 blocks away.

Back