who is watching the draft tonight ? Jake LaRavia

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

rsperge

The Varsity Level
I just read an article from the Indy Star, about today's NBA draft. They spoke about Jake LaRavia and his NBA workouts nd becoming arising star as a late bloomer. He is now being projected as a late 1st round pick. They also mentioned that Greg Lansing will be watching the draft in Jake's house with his family The Indy Star article mentioned about his 2 years at ISU and then transferring to Wake Forest. They also said, that Greg Lansing had a 30 year relationship with Coach Forbes at Wake Forest, going all the way back to their Iowa days. Enough said

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Congrats to former Indiana State MBBer - Jake LaRavia, 1st round pick (#19) to the Northern Lobos of Minneapolis

Best of luck in 2022-23 Jake!

This thread is dumb. It’s really simple… And people will try to tell you differently to fit whatever agenda they have but it’s actually really simple.

1. If GL is back JL is likely back - whatever noise anyone puts on this is rubbish and helps them sleep at night.

2. If GL is back and JL is back he’s not begin drafted at all tonight. Bottom line.

3. The NBA doesn’t care about Wake Forest any more or less than it cares about Indiana State. It’s all about his ceiling and his body and what they think he can accomplish.

4. I’m not a JL fan - never will be - somewhat despise him for leaving. But dude credit where credit is due he had good fucking people in his ear - he made a very solid decision to leave when he did. Everything has played out perfectly for him and good for him!

nuff said ............. "Jake LaRavia, who emerged from obscurity at Indiana State in one season at Wake Forest, was selected No. 19 overall by the Memphis Grizzlies, via the Minnesota Timberwolves, in Thursday night's 2022 NBA Draft."

He was never obscurity from anyone who ever watched him. Nonsense. He’s one of the most dynamic players we’ve ever had in my lifetime…

Nate Green, Jake Odum and probably JL - the world was different with those other guys. Times have changed. The landscape is different. He might have emerged from depth of the unknown to the rest of the basketball world - but for fucks sake we knew we had a player in JL. None of this is surprising to me at all. The reaction is hilarious though.

nuff said ............. "Jake LaRavia, who emerged from obscurity at Indiana State in one season at Wake Forest, was selected No. 19 overall by the Memphis Grizzlies, via the Minnesota Timberwolves, in Thursday night's 2022 NBA Draft."

All this nonsense is is piss poor reporting from someone that doesn't watch anything but high major basketball. They didn't say the same shit about Ja Morant and had Jake stayed, you could argue he would have put up even better numbers, would have went to the NCAA tournament because the Valley was down and all we lacked was a legit post presence, and still would have been drafted because the kid was a NBA caliber talent regardless of what school was on the front of his jersey.

This is why I say time and time again that recruiting is the most important thing. Jimmys and Joes over Xs and Os. When you have Jimmys and Joes, they can make your Xs and Os look a helluva lot better.

The last Wake player worth a shit in the NBA was Chris Paul and he was taken in 2005. The Valley has put out multiple NBAers that have been much better than anything else Wake has over the years. If this was from GD, FOH with this trash shit.

All this nonsense is is piss poor reporting from someone that doesn't watch anything but high major basketball. They didn't say the same shit about Ja Morant and had Jake stayed, you could argue he would have put up even better numbers, would have went to the NCAA tournament because the Valley was down and all we lacked was a legit post presence, and still would have been drafted because the kid was a NBA caliber talent regardless of what school was on the front of his jersey.

This is why I say time and time again that recruiting is the most important thing. Jimmys and Joes over Xs and Os. When you have Jimmys and Joes, they can make your Xs and Os look a helluva lot better.

The last Wake player worth a shit in the NBA was Chris Paul and he was taken in 2005. The Valley has put out multiple NBAers that have been much better than anything else Wake has over the years. If this was from GD, FOH with this trash shit.
This particular article was not GD...however GD did put out another eye rolling tweet about ISU.

He was never obscurity from anyone who ever watched him. Nonsense. He’s one of the most dynamic players we’ve ever had in my lifetime…

Nate Green, Jake Odum and probably JL - the world was different with those other guys. Times have changed. The landscape is different. He might have emerged from depth of the unknown to the rest of the basketball world - but for fucks sake we knew we had a player in JL. None of this is surprising to me at all. The reaction is hilarious though.
Now you are telling us you had him identified as an NBA talent when he was in Terre Haute ...... if so you should be in another profession .... ha ha ha.

I didn’t mean to say I identified him as an NBA talent - no. But it’s not that surprising given the way the game is going - the kid played all the right cards as well. A lot went into outside of what he did at Indiana State on the basketball floor. Had he stayed at Indiana State he wouldn't have been drafted in the first round this year - maybe one day but probably not this year. He then played his cards right after having a good year this past season - declaring for the draft - hiring an agent. Like his timing and decision making has been pretty solid - he clearly has good people in his ear.

Last edited:
Do ya think Bill Wolf will get a new order from Memphis to sculptor a "Grizzily" in the likeness of GL?

Grizzily.jpg

saw a pic earlier, it was down in Memphis, during the draft, and Jake, Lansing, Williams and Mervis, were in the shot.. Like anything else its all about relationships.

Back