Would love to see Indiana State with a new stadium similiar to Florida Atlantic (30K)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I've actually been to this stadium for the Boca Raton Bowl back in 2018 between NIU and UAB, on my way back home from a vacation to Key West. This stadium is really nice, but it is way too big for us. We also don't have $70M to build it.

I'm not sure if you all have seen MSU's stadium, but I think adding stands on the north side like they have on their east side (left side in photo) would be the best option, along with some paint for the whole stadium. We just need to put a little bit of money into our current stadium.

800px-Missouri-State-University-Plaster-Stadium_South_Endzone.jpg

I went online to look at Mo State’s football stadium and I agree. ISU does need to keep its old stadium and add visitor side seating. Mo State’s football stadium does look very nice. I can’t imagine a situation where ISU could beat MO State for a football recruit ..

If you're ever driving on I-65, take the time and get off the road and go look at Western Kentucky's football stadium. It's the bomb! It only seats 22,000, but the feel and look of it says BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

I went online to look at Mo State’s football stadium and I agree. ISU does need to keep its old stadium and add visitor side seating. Mo State’s football stadium does look very nice. I can’t imagine a situation where ISU could beat MO State for a football recruit ..
Oh I'm guessing, as of the last few years, we have been the more attractive FCS program. However, with Petrino, all bets are off. Possible game-changing hire.

As for stadiums, I want to do what the other ISU did. It only cost 23 mil and came out nice.

Link:

If you're ever driving on I-65, take the time and get off the road and go look at Western Kentucky's football stadium. It's the bomb! It only seats 22,000, but the feel and look of it says BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Why were they not invited to MVC for all-sports when they were in the Gateway for football? They were still in the Suck Belt back then and our conference was very strong in basketball at that time. WKU has had a lot of good basketball teams so it would have been a perfect fit. Bowling Green is also similar in size to most cities in the MVC. Maybe they still would have went the FBS route, but they might not of either. I know there are a few people out there that want us to try to bring NM State back since they are stuck in an awful WAC that no longer sponsors football.

I don't know how we beat anyone in recruiting within our conference outside of WIU. There are 4 schools in our conference that play in domes and the other 5 play in FBS quality outdoor stadiums. And then there is the fact that those 9 schools all draw better than we do.

However if we could do a MSU or ILSU type project for 10-20M we could pick our program up to their level. Our stadium isn't on campus but in this day everyone owns a car or can UBER to the games if they really want to go. There's also tons of parking available at Memorial and the park is great for tailgating.

Sorry to litter this thread but here are all of the best photos of the stadiums in the MVFC I could find for those you aren't as familiar with everyone else in the MVFC. We are definitely behind that's for sure.

Illinois State
7ecaa67c14c7c0c7f4ea1b3290d72dd5.jpg

Missouri St
800px-Missouri-State-University-Plaster-Stadium_South_Endzone.jpg

North Dakota
36943097936_07568e26de_b.jpg

ND State
bison+football+game.jpg

Northern Iowa
PTDRVUTTMUOBYKZ.20110915165016.jpg

South Dakota
FBvsYSU20171010_198.jpg

SD State
sdsu_football_stadium.jpg

Southern Illinois
Saluki-Stadium-Aerial-View-Courtesy-of-SIU-Athletics.jpg

Western Illinois
unnamed.jpg

Youngstown St
Youngstown-State-Penguins-Overview-1-e1509365592359.jpg

Wow ... The MVC conference should get involve and demand ISU improve the stadium

Well the MVC did just invite Loyola and Valpo to the conference within the past 10 years and both of their arenas kind of suck, especially Valpo's. I just double checked and I accidently posted the picture of ILSU's stadium before the renovation. They took out the small section and put a whole new side in with a way better press box.

The good news is that whenever the HC is finished we should have one of the best basketball arenas in the MVC. So at least that's a positive even though our funding is way below everyone else.

Well the MVC did just invite Loyola and Valpo to the conference within the past 10 years and both of their arenas kind of suck, especially Valpo's. I just double checked and I accidently posted the picture of ILSU's stadium before the renovation. They took out the small section and put a whole new side in with a way better press box.

The good news is that whenever the HC is finished we should have one of the best basketball arenas in the MVC. So at least that's a positive even though our funding is way below everyone else.

Improving the HC is a start but to play in a college stadium with one side is terrible.. What about the city of Terre Haute? They don’t want to put some money in the stadium to improve the city ?

Terre Haute overall is a dump that doesn't have any money either. Not sure if you are from Terre Haute, but the city doesn't spend money on big projects or invest in anything unless it helps Greg Gibson make a profit somehow. Also historically the university and city government don't have the best relationship in the world either.

Terre Haute overall is a dump that doesn't have any money either. Not sure if you are from Terre Haute, but the city doesn't spend money on big projects or invest in anything unless it helps Greg Gibson make a profit somehow. Also historically the university and city government don't have the best relationship in the world either.

Norfolk State (FCS) MEAC School with better stadium than Indiana State University ? WOW

Attachments

• norfolk state 1.jpg
    norfolk state 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
You might be surprised but there are quite a few schools in the MEAC and SWAC that have really nice stadiums and draw really well. I read on AGS that Jackson State averaged 33K per game last season, and they haven't had a winning season for several years now.

Improving the HC is a start but to play in a college stadium with one side is terrible.. What about the city of Terre Haute? They don’t want to put some money in the stadium to improve the city ?

No -- I think there are some within the city leadership that would prefer a no-football fall in Terre Haute or at a minimum a new non-city funded stadium "next" to campus

Regardless, aren't T-H and Vigo County broke-ass broke? Like rolling pennies for gas money broke?

We would have better luck finding the money ourselves than the city. Been dreaming of a new stadium for what 20 years?

Every time I speak on some of my hopes and dreams for ISU football. Some ISU fan will crush my dreams by stating that Terre Haute is small and surrounded by more popular big ten schools. I want ISU to be comparable to Southern Mississippi (Hattisburg, Miss 44K) or Coastal Carolina ( Conway, SC 25K) .. Both nice schools sounded by SEC schools. Both share states with schools like Ole Miss, Miss State/ Clemson and South Carolina.

Every time I speak on some of my hopes and dreams for ISU football. Some ISU fan will crush my dreams by stating that Terre Haute is small and surrounded by more popular big ten schools. I want ISU to be comparable to Southern Mississippi (Hattisburg, Miss 44K) or Coastal Carolina ( Conway, SC 25K) .. Both nice schools sounded by SEC schools. Both share states with schools like Ole Miss, Miss State/ Clemson and South Carolina.

How much can Clink put you down for towards it? $1m? $5m?

Back