2011 MVFC OOC Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

tjbison

The Varsity Level
Thanks to NDSUstudent on Bisonville for putting this together. This will really help the conference to eliminate the DII and NAIA games. BTW here is the link to the thread on BV I picked you guys to upset WKU. I really think that is a smart game to schedule, if you can pull it off that will give the coaches, fanbasd and especially the players a major confidence jump.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23178

FBS(10)

Big 12
9/3 UNI vs Iowa State
9/17 WIU vs Missouri

Big 10
9/3 ISU(blue) vs Penn State
9/3 YSU vs Michigan State
9/10 SDSU vs Illinois
9/24 NDSU vs Minnesota

Pac 12
9/17 MSU vs Oregon

SEC
9/3 MSU vs Arkansas
9/10 SIU vs Ole Miss

Sun Belt
9/17 ISU(blue) vs WKU

FCS(17)

Great West
9/3 SDSU vs SUU
9/17 SDSU at Cal Poly
10/15 ISU(red) vs USD
11/12 UNI vs SUU

NEC
9/10 NDSU vs St. Francis
10/22 YSU vs St. Francis

OVC
9/1 ISU(red) at Eastern Illinois
9/3 SIU at SEMO
9/10 MSU at Eastern Kentucky
11/12 SIU vs Eastern Illinois

Patriot
9/3 NDSU vs Lafayette

Pioneer
9/10 ISU(red) vs Morehead State
9/10 ISU(blue) vs Butler
9/10 WIU vs Jacksonville
9/10 YSU vs Valpo

Southland
9/1 WIU at Sam Houston St
9/10 UNI at SFA

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Thanks for the link and info. Interesting to see the breakdown. For the record though, I don't have a problem with MVC teams playing ONE!!! NAIA or D2 team each year. Most FBS schools do the same thing by playing at least one tune up game. I don't think we should be playing two like we did last year, but it did give us a nice confidence boost and another home game to start the season. What I hate about most seasons is that you're playing two road games in the non-con against better competition, and that means you get just five games at home. Last year we had several home games to start the season, but this year we have two in the first six. That's going to suck!

Thanks for the link and info. Interesting to see the breakdown. For the record though, I don't have a problem with MVC teams playing ONE!!! NAIA or D2 team each year. Most FBS schools do the same thing by playing at least one tune up game. I don't think we should be playing two like we did last year, but it did give us a nice confidence boost and another home game to start the season. What I hate about most seasons is that you're playing two road games in the non-con against better competition, and that means you get just five games at home. Last year we had several home games to start the season, but this year we have two in the first six. That's going to suck!

FCS counts towards a FBS teams bowl record though, NAIA and DII do not count on a FCS playoff record

FCS counts towards a FBS teams bowl record though, NAIA and DII do not count on a FCS playoff record

Given our program's struggles until recently, I don't know that much about how the FCS playoff system works, but last year "seven wins" was thrown around as being a minimum requirement. Do wins against NAIA and DII not count towards that?

I can see not getting as much credit, especially for two, since that's what we did last year, and it would be unfair to teams with a similar record who played stronger competition, but I do think you should get some credit.

You could easily go (and many teams do) 0-3 against your non-con if you play two FBS schools (for pay days) and one FCS school, which for us was EIU for years, and until recently they were a top 25 team every year. So, if you go 0-3 through the non-con you have to be near perfect in the conference just to make the playoffs. That's unfortunate because some teams schedule easier non-con FCS opponents then reach the playoffs at 6-2 or 5-3 in the conference.

You need 7 DI wins, here is the perfect scenario, Last year Montana and NDSU had Identical records, but NDSU made the playoffs and hosted a game while Montana missed here is why:

NDSU played 11 DI games Montana played 10 DI and 1 DII so they only had 6 qualifying wins and of course it really helped that 1 of NDSU's wins was a BCS FBS team

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back