How many game will ISU Football win.

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

How many game will ISU Football win in 2024

• Total voters

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I am eternally optimistic regarding our football team. The players, coaches, and staff represent our school well. (At least I haven’t heard any major negative comments). For the love of Pete please win some football games. If they don’t…

I will say 4. Don't have NDSU or SDSU again this year. All depends who starts at QB for starters. It just hurts the budget with only 8xxx students and have to recruit most in state. Hopefully with the new AD better days ahead.

I voted 2, but I think we could win at least 3. We should definitely beat Dayton, who only went 2-6 in the Pioneer League last season. I also think we have a decent chance of beating Murray State and Houston Christian.

They both are room, board, books, lab fees. It costs nothing to have an extra student in a class no matter his hometown.
Costs the university more? No

Costs the student more? Yes

Are all ISU athletes considered "Indiana residents" for scholarship purposes?

Out of state students pay a higher tuition rate than in-state students do. In the case of scholarships, the tuition is waved. Therefore it costs the university nothing. They aren't spending the money. They just aren't collecting. If scholarships did cost the university something, where is the money going?

Out of state students pay a higher tuition rate than in-state students do. In the case of scholarships, the tuition is waved. Therefore it costs the university nothing. They aren't spending the money. They just aren't collecting. If scholarships did cost the university something, where is the money going?

Fundamentally disagree with your "math," you are correct in the statement that "out of state students" pay tuition (on top of university fees), in state students do not pay tuition - period, only university fees.

in the case of an athletic scholarship, the university waives tuition, fees, books, room & board BUT to say it costs nothing is wrong. If ISU has 250 scholarship athletes on full scholarship for the 2023-24 school year, they need a MINIMUM of an ADDITIONAL 250 students paying the full cost of an ISU education in order for the balance sheet to be neutral.

There is a cost, it's just born by university coffers (that are filled with students paying the cost)

Fundamentally disagree with your "math," you are correct in the statement that "out of state students" pay tuition (on top of university fees), in state students do not pay tuition - period, only university fees.

in the case of an athletic scholarship, the university waives tuition, fees, books, room & board BUT to say it costs nothing is wrong. If ISU has 250 scholarship athletes on full scholarship for the 2023-24 school year, they need a MINIMUM of an ADDITIONAL 250 students paying the full cost of an ISU education in order for the balance sheet to be neutral.

There is a cost, it's just born by university coffers (that are filled with students paying the cost)
Where did you get the idea that in-state students don't pay tuition?
My point really is that it costs the university the same amount of money for in-state students and out of state students. For athletes it does cost the university something but not what the bean counters say. The costs would include food, travel, the lost revenue from an athlete taking up dorm space if there was a paying customer who had to get an apartment because the dorms were full. Still that cost is the same no matter the athlete's home state.

My point really is that it costs the university the same amount of money for in-state students and out of state students. For athletes it does cost the university something but not what the bean counters say. The costs would include food, travel, the lost revenue from an athlete taking up dorm space if there was a paying customer who had to get an apartment because the dorms were full. Still that cost is the same no matter the athlete's home state.
Based on recent enrollment numbers I'm guessing that there's plenty of vacant dorm space available for student athletes.

It's a question of semantics. When I graduated from State in the previous century, only Out of State Students paid tuition on top of the "university fees," Indiana resident students paid "university fees," that's what the bursar's office billed me, lab fees, student fees, room & board, etc were added ON TOP of university fees. And my dorm neighbor from Charleston, IL paid all of that AND tuition.
https://indianastate.edu/costs-aid/undergraduate-costs

The above link has the latest language of costs... I guess today, they like to tell everyone they're paying tuition as opposed to the "older days..." You'll notice out of state kids pay 29.9% more than in-state kids... I don't think the %% was that great when I was there but it may have been.

You're continuing to focus on what it 'costs' the university vice what the university can charge. Yes, it costs the university the same amount to educate, feed and house a kid from Peoria, IL vice Petersburg, IN BUT the university can CHARGE the kid from Peoria 29.9% MORE than the kid from Petersburg... SO, if ISU is going to throw money down a raging fire pit, aka FCS football, than the university needs to find MORE kids, in and out of state to PAY for those kids who are NOT paying anything.

The ISU endowment isn't THAT fat with cash, there IS a cost to an athletic and some academic scholarships.

FWIW --- are there ANY fully endowed athletic scholarships? I know some folks pooled some $$ together after Tunch Ilkin passed but I don't recall it being an endowed football scholarship...

Back