More Nil Fiascos

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Three Cheers for the Attorney General of South Dakota and the state's two premier universities.

From the article:

"On Tuesday, another lawsuit was filed against the NCAA, targeting the settlement agreement. The South Dakota attorney general's complaint on behalf of his state's two Division I universities — South Dakota State and the University of South Dakota — alleges the proposed settlement forces smaller schools like those to be responsible for a disproportionate share of the cost."

Can I sue the New York stock exchange for having its boom in the 80s-90s? I missed out on a shit ton of money not being able to dabble in that because I wasn't born yet.

Just pathetic what college football has become. He who pays the most.
What's kind of funny is, at a school like Tennessee probably 90% of the people in the stands need the money more than the guys on the field.

This NIL was all fun and games when it was just the P4 fishing in mid-majors ponds' but now it's only taken a couple of years and it's affecting the casual fans pocket book. What i don't think people are quite computing is it doesn't matter how much money you spend, half the schools are going to finish in the bottom half of the conference. How long do you think donors are going to put up with that? I can only imagine what is happening behind closed doors at Florida State right now

Makes me glad I only attend FCS football games. If I want to watch the P4 I'll just turn on the TV and watch it for free on one of the local ota channels.

What's kind of funny is, at a school like Tennessee probably 90% of the people in the stands need the money more than the guys on the field.

This NIL was all fun and games when it was just the P4 fishing in mid-majors ponds' but now it's only taken a couple of years and it's affecting the casual fans pocket book. What i don't think people are quite computing is it doesn't matter how much money you spend, half the schools are going to finish in the bottom half of the conference. How long do you think donors are going to put up with that? I can only imagine what is happening behind closed doors at Florida State right now
It’s like Jason says. Donor fatigue will set in when only 20 or so schools can afford to pay these players.

it doesn't matter how much money you spend, half the schools are going to finish in the bottom half of the conference. How long do you think donors are going to put up with that? I can only imagine what is happening behind closed doors at Florida State right now
There's a lot of speculation among Florida State fans that the reason their QB hasn't been benched yet is solely because of how much they paid for him. That actually makes sense, unfortunately. If you go to a major donor and say "I need $2 million from you to get a QB that can take us to the playoffs" and you bench him 3 games into the season, how likely do you think that donor is to give you another $2 million next year for the next player you want out of the portal?

NIL the way it is now is just destined to fail. It will ruin college sports if it hasn’t already.

There's a lot of speculation among Florida State fans that the reason their QB hasn't been benched yet is solely because of how much they paid for him. That actually makes sense, unfortunately. If you go to a major donor and say "I need $2 million from you to get a QB that can take us to the playoffs" and you bench him 3 games into the season, how likely do you think that donor is to give you another $2 million next year for the next player you want out of the portal?
I forecasted this exact scenario the second NIL came out the way it did. Coaches, staff, ADs, and all other university personnel gave up their authority and decision making power with their program and now it rests squarely in the hands of the guy footing the bill, what can go wrong?

But as I said earlier at the end of the day someone is going to win the game and someone is going to lose the game. With a 16 team SEC, let's say every team has a QB with a $1,000,000 price tag (i'm sure some schools are over that and some schools are under that). At the end of the season 8 of those $1,000,000 donors are going to think "what the F@%& did i just pay for?" 4-6 of them are thinking "Do i really want to spend $1,000,000 again for a 4th place finish" and the other 1-2 probably had a lot of fun, but what a horrible "investment". It's a modern day gold rush, the creeks will run dry here in a few years.

Back