'12 IN SF Matt O'Leary (Loyola-Chicago Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

The kid who has an uncle or so he says. That wants to come on here and tell us how he is doing after a loss to the same school he committed to.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I saw Matt a couple times this past summer up here in Indy and it was a mixed bag. Will be interesting to see how he continues to develop. Many talent evaluators had him pegged LM+/MM- and I think that was fair.

i agree with your assessment Jason and think it's fair. But after seeing him with his H.S. team his game has continued to develop day after day. Not very many people average 18 and 8 in the MIC, and he's also playing with 2 other double figure scorers so he's not always getting a ton of shots. A lot of people don't realize he was 6'3 just two years ago. He continues to grow into his body and add strength and confidence. Matt Renn joining the coaching staff at North has been HUGE for his development. I think he's a player that you would have to project 1-2 years down the road. I don't think ISU made a mistake with him, and I think it's better for him to get out of town and away from local pressure so he can go somewhere and develop. Horizon League is a great fit and he has a CHANCE to be a GREAT player. He's such a good kid that the community of Terre Haute should wish him well and root for Loyola when we get a chance

i agree with your assessment Jason and think it's fair. But after seeing him with his H.S. team his game has continued to develop day after day. Not very many people average 18 and 8 in the MIC, and he's also playing with 2 other double figure scorers so he's not always getting a ton of shots. A lot of people don't realize he was 6'3 just two years ago. He continues to grow into his body and add strength and confidence. Matt Renn joining the coaching staff at North has been HUGE for his development. I think he's a player that you would have to project 1-2 years down the road. I don't think ISU made a mistake with him, and I think it's better for him to get out of town and away from local pressure so he can go somewhere and develop. Horizon League is a great fit and he has a CHANCE to be a GREAT player. He's such a good kid that the community of Terre Haute should wish him well and root for Loyola when we get a chance

Definitely. I'll also admit the times I saw him play, he didn't get the ball much due to his teammates shooting the ball alot. The last game I saw him play, both Kellon Thomas and Ryan Weber shot the ball A TON and didn't look for him even though he was open quite a bit. I've always been a fan of Matt's shooting form and stroke.

there's nothing like playing in a situation where the players like and respect each other and know how to play. been impressed with north's team first mentality and matt has been a big part of that. it seems as if no one on that team cares about points. but if you're hot and/or open you know you're going to get the ball.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Rhett Smith, Mike Samuels, TJ Bell and Dawon Cummings were all part of the 2012 recruiting class.

Im ok with Cummings and Bell. Both helped us while they were here in support roles. Cummings is looked upon more favorably bc he played on better teams, but both served similar purposes.. Obv the other two were huge strike outs and Matt would of been 10x the player of either. I remember most (myself included) thought he was redundant to Gant who still had 3 yrs and we needed a different piece. I still believe we needed a more physical and athletic piece, but obv those two guys were not the answer...Matt has turned into a fine mvc caliber player in his last 1 1/2 yrs..I'm happy for him and his family!

Back