1979 Day

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Ok so other than the halftime show what else is being done to honor these men? Who from the team will be in attendance? and my last Question is why do we always pick UNI when it comes time to reflect back . If you remember we got our Tails kicked by UNI when they retired Larry and Duane's numbers.

Ok so other than the halftime show what else is being done to honor these men? Who from the team will be in attendance? and my last Question is why do we always pick UNI when it comes time to reflect back . If you remember we got our Tails kicked by UNI when they retired Larry and Duane's numbers.

Always the positive post from Dave IN TH. On a serious note, the question everyone is asking themselves. Is Larry Bird going to be there? If so expect a huge crowd. If not about 4-5 thousand.

Good question since that team has already been inducted into the hall of fame about 10 years ago. Any attempt to get a crowd out though.

Always the positive post from Dave IN TH. On a serious note, the question everyone is asking themselves. Is Larry Bird going to be there? If so expect a huge crowd. If not about 4-5 thousand.

Hey i appreciate the compliment . I was just making the comment that lets find a chump team to celebrate with not the top team LOL . Kind of like the good old days at homecoming when we would play IVt tech or some other small college during homecoming .

He was there to get his Jersey retired in like 2004. Yeah, we waited 25 years to retire his jersey.

He was there to get his Jersey retired in like 2004. Yeah, we waited 25 years to retire his jersey.

It wasn't ISU that waited. They couldn't get Bird to commit to coming back until 2004. Love Larry Legend, but he appears to have no interest in his alma mater.

I don't think so. I believe the score was 48-47 and we led for 39 1/2 minutes. I think we were ahead by quite a lot in the first half and I kept thinking that if the larger crowd ever got in the game, it would be over. They kept waiting for us to lose and we did, but I think UNI's first lead was with under a minute to play in the game.

It wasn't ISU that waited. They couldn't get Bird to commit to coming back until 2004. Love Larry Legend, but he appears to have no interest in his alma mater.

His devotion always seemed to be more to the City of Terre Haute than the university itself, but that's just my impression. Either way, I don't know that Bird could help that much. Even if he was around more, I don't know if it would make a difference to recruiting or fundraising.

I know none of the coaches (Head and Assistants) will not be in attendance. Many reasons for their non-involvement, to numerous to mention in this forum.

That's a shame. They were part of the team, too. Hopefully, the University doesn't forget about them. Let's see if I can do this off the top of my head:

Bill Hodges
Mel Daniels
Terry Thimlar
Danny King

Did I forget anyone???

Also, it would be nice to have a representative from Bob King's family there. He wasn't the coach, but it was his team in many ways. We should look for ways to embrace our history, not segment it and keep people out...

Back