2024-2025 Basketball Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Just pointing out how little trouble others seem to have getting games compared to us.
Who said we are having trouble getting games???? Never seen that from Coach Graves or anyone affiliated with the program or involved in scheduling... It is assumed by The Internet that is the case because the program has not release any information on games.

Who said we are having trouble getting games???? Never seen that from Coach Graves or anyone affiliated with the program or involved in scheduling... It is assumed by The Internet that is the case because the program has not release any information on games.
Wanting to argue over nothing. Ok.

Not sure why he even reported it since the move to SLU was inevitable. Just pisses me off all over again

He must've been jumping the gun when he said "we're". He was supposedly "needing a team to win the A10" quite a while before that.

Was looking at buy game figures that are making the rounds.

Power schools are paying between $50-$125k. Highest I saw was Iowa State giving out $125k to both Mississippi Valley State and IUPUI. Lowest I saw was Florida ripping off Grambling and only giving them $50k and Iowa State also only giving Omaha $50k.

MMs are giving $40-95k to LMs. Highest I saw was Pepperdine giving $95k to Western Illinois. Lowest I saw was Rice giving Prairie View A&M $40k.

MM-/LM+s are giving LMs $15-30k. Highest I saw was Montana giving Utah Tech $30k. Lowest I saw was Incarnate Word giving $15k to Prairie View A&M.

Power schools are paying between $50-$125k. Highest I saw was Iowa State giving out $125k to both Mississippi Valley State and IUPUI. Lowest I saw was Florida ripping off Grambling and only giving them $50k and Iowa State also only giving Omaha $50k.

MMs are giving $40-95k to LMs. Highest I saw was Pepperdine giving $95k to Western Illinois. Lowest I saw was Rice giving Prairie View A&M $40k.

MM-/LM+s are giving LMs $15-30k. Highest I saw was Montana giving Utah Tech $30k. Lowest I saw was Incarnate Word giving $15k to Prairie View A&M.
Surely distance is a factor in the amount of $ changing hands.

Prairie View A&M and Rice are both in the Houston metro area and could theoretically make the trip via bus. Same with Iowa State/Omaha. It's roughly the same distance as Drake/Creighton used to be.

But if you're Western Illinois and flying out to CA for Pepperdine you absolutely need more than 40k just to make it worth it after airfare. I wouldn't be surprised if Western IL picks up another buy game at a Mountain West or former Pac12 school while they're out there.

Man that Pentagon event would be ideal then. I'm guessing there's a promoter paying all or part of the expense to bring the teams in. So a free (or deeply discounted), neutral-court game against a quality opponent would have been nice.

Back